RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

It seems that even Lee Ryder and his merry men at the Ronny have ignored the Sun and SSN regarding the Dubai link!!

I think you can copyright bullshit these days

Based on the quality of their audio commentary last night its more likely their Sky/newspaper subcriptions have been cancelled

More likely that they're frantically ringing around trying to find out some more details for themselves.

I bet all the other papers are, whether it's made up or not.

It seems that even Lee Ryder and his merry men at the Ronny have ignored the Sun and SSN regarding the Dubai link!!

Based on the quality of their audio commentary last night its more likely their Sky/newspaper subcriptions have been cancelled

You should change your username to Verbal Kint  :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

I wonder why i didnt think of that? Was verbal his real first name? :facepalm:

Guest Brummiemag

Sorry to say this but if a billionair buy us I want Keegan as a manger not Shearer

Get it into your head Kevin fucking Keegan is not a good football manager

good yellow streaked cowardice bastard who runs away like a virgin after her first anal session yes....good football manager NO

You obviously havn't got a clue about football or even the history of Newcastle United. Laughable and ignorant comments.

And for the record I am one of those who would be delighted to have Keegan back under new owners

I hope that's sarcasm.

No, it was Roger. Just saying like  :kinnear:

It's on the Chronicle website:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/30/bidders-claim-nufc-buyout-offer-ignored-72703-24276301/

For some reason I can't copy and paste from that page but 3/4 of the way down page one. Sorry about the turbo link

Despite being frustrated at Ashley’s lack of urgency, the bidders claim to remain interested and were today set for a second day of talks in London with those charged with selling the club.

It comes as reports emerged in the national media of a Dubai-based tycoon called Sirous Mahjoob making a £100m move to buy the club and bring back Kevin Keegan as manager.

A source close to Seymour Pierce confirmed there has been contact between him and managing director Derek Llambias. He said: “Derek is expected to meet him, but this is still very much in the early stages.

“Proof of funds must be the next stage. Nobody is racing ahead of themselves.

“They could be very serious, but we are yet to see proof of funds. There has definitely been dialogue between the two.”

A source close to Seymour Pierce confirmed there has been contact between him and managing director Derek Llambias. He said: “Derek is expected to meet him, but this is still very much in the early stages.

“They could be very serious, but we are yet to see proof of funds. There has definitely been dialogue between the two.”

How the fuck does that square with 'I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week.'?

How the fuck does that square with 'I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week.'?

Someone else?

Someone else?

Well the 'him' is supposedly Serious Handjob. So Llambias is going to meet him but it's early days and they haven't proved funds, but a deal (any deal) is close and could be done next week? Makes no sense.

Here we go boys!

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/563375-exclusive-iranian-tycoon-close-to-newcastle-utd-deal

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian tycoon close to Newcastle Utd deal

by Andrew White and Emily Noorollahi on Thursday, 30 July 2009

Iranian businessman Sirous Mahjoob on Thursday confirmed that he is in the final stages of negotiations to buy English football club Newcastle United.

In an interview with Iranian news agency ILNA, the UAE-based tycoon said that he hoped the deal would help to strengthen Iranian football.

“My purpose in buying Newcastle is to help Iranian football,” he said.

:banana:

Someone else?

Well the 'him' is supposedly Serious Handjob. So Llambias is going to meet him but it's early days and they haven't proved funds, but a deal (any deal) is close and could be done next week? Makes no sense.

Its just the Sun putting two and two together though. It seems that this Mahoob has genuinely entered the race, and the Sun found out about this and stuck it together with the Llambias quotes. It doesn't mean that he is winning the race.

Not sure if I can bring myself to celebrate just yet.  Weren't there Malaysian sites quoting that Ananda Krishnan about wanting to buy Newcastle until he came out eventually and said he'd never been interested?  Or was that all just "sources close to Ananda Krishnan"?

I'd love to believe this like.

Guest Dennis Carter
Mahjoob also said that one of his goals was to use Iranian players and coaches at Newcastle, and revealed that he has approached the ‘David Beckham of Iranian football', Ali Daei, with regards a coaching role at the club.

:kinnear: