RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fellas - you need to remember that Derek Llambias is a liar and a bare faced one at that. Remember his comments from a couple of months ago?

"There have been more than two bids of £100million to buy Newcastle United"

He's a prick.

If there were two bids they were probably the dodgy ones trying to pay with monopoly money

Guest jimmyc84

I didnt hear or see the SSN and 5Live stuff

Just knew what was coming.

This forum is fampus for "end of week" stuff isn't it.

For the USA guys, they are off home on thursday night.

christ's sake, am i the only one getting a bit sick of the ever increasing cryptics?

mate, good on you for sharing what you know but you seem to be getting a bit over the top attention seeking tbh.

just talk to us normally.

Bollocks to David Craig, bollocks to Derek Llambias, bollocks to Redheugh, bollocks to the Chronicle, bollocks to everyone.

There are no developments, no planned talks, no deadlines, no consortium going to buy us, no deals done or fees agreed, we aren't getting sold. End of.

Bollocks to David Craig, bollocks to Derek Llambias, bollocks to Redheugh, bollocks to the Chronicle, bollocks to everyone.

There are no developments, no planned talks, no deadlines, no consortium going to buy us, no deals done or fees agreed, we aren't getting sold. End of.

If there was any real intention of off loading us then we'd be sold already. It's simply not going to happen.

I have a source from inside the club, he says "f#ck is happening, just a load random rumours, their has never even been a US group interested in taking over us, and Moat had no money but tried to pull a deal together with Mr Shepard, which failed."

And thats official.

Guest ovesbar

I think the whole "club for sale" thing was just to keep everyone of Ashleys back after the relegation. When the club was up for sale he didnt have to take responsibility for anything, and he has a great excuse for not finding a manager, not buying any players etc..

I'm fully confident that in the not so distant future we'll be marveling at how we've lasted through ten years of Mike Ashley.

:lol: and no signings.

"He's old, but Butt can still pick out a pass, like"

Guest nwgeordie

SSN - August 31, 2009

An American consortium are hoping to hold talks with Newcastle over a possible takeover deal in the next 48 hours.

Representatives of a New York-based consortium have flown into the country and say they are ready to hold discussions with owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias rather than investment bankers Seymour Pierce about taking control at St James' Park.

Their mission comes a week after prospective buyer Barry Moat was given extra time to put financial arrangements in place before launching a formal bid for the club.

With the summer transfer window due to close at 5pm on Tuesday, the club remains up for sale more than three months after Ashley decided to put it on the market for the second time in less than a year.

All the indications in recent days have been that none of the many parties which have expressed an interest has yet come up with the money to mount a successful takeover bid.

Indeed, sources on Tyneside claim that they are aware of the American group, but insisted they have yet to prove they have the funds to strike a deal.

Guest Brazilianbob

I think the whole "club for sale" thing was just to keep everyone of Ashleys back after the relegation. When the club was up for sale he didnt have to take responsibility for anything, and he has a great excuse for not finding a manager, not buying any players etc..

Exactly!  No manager means no one rocking the boat to buy players and gives Ashley free reign to offload players without the manager bleating to the press.

Yup.

Yup.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/FishytheFish/Nodding-1.gif

Yup.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/FishytheFish/Nodding-1.gif

:lol:

Based on Ashley's history at the club it's hard to come up with anything convincing to contradict that right now. The only bit of the whole thing that seems out of kilter is why he went to Seymour Pierce, who are not cheap advisors. Why waste good money on professional fees? He could have just let Llambias field the emails, bid offers etc. and keep the press and the fans at bay with crap and fictitious progress reports.

Craig: Llambias denies talks...

Not proved funds. :mackems:

Fuck it.

Can just imagine that background to that statement.

*bring bring*

GS: Hi, Mr Llambias?  Geoff Sheard.  I was wondering if we could finalise the details of the bid we tabled at the end of our meeting.

(Llambias rolls his eyes and bobs his head side to side, making a "blah blah blah" gesture with his hand.  Ashley giggles.)

GS: Good to see the team get a good start to the season, they can go two points clear at the top if they win tonight, can't they?

DL:  Uh-huh, I... Wait, what?

(Llambias grabs his copy of Shoot! magazine off the table and flicks to the championship table.  Ashley bats the magazine up into his face, Llambias gives him a dead arm)

MA: Ayazz! That was my TB!

GS: Mr Llambias, we think the bid we tabled was quite resonable and...

DL: What bid?

GS: The bid we made at the meeting.

DL: No-one told me anything about a meeting.

GS: You were there.

DL: You were there.

GS: That's right, I was.

DL: That's right, I was.

GS: Mr Llambias, this is childish.

DL: Mr Llambias, this is childish.

GS: Listen, I was under the impression we were close to reaching a deal.

DL: Ah, you have to provide proof of funds.

GS: I gave you a letter from the head of Omnicrom's bank.  You said that was adequate proof.

DL: And what day was this?

GS: Thursday.

DL: Wrong!  It was opposites day, so I actually meant that wasn't adequate proof.

MA: Ask him if his refrigerator's running.

*click*

(Llambias texts you're on Sky Sports saying there's been no meeting and no proof of funds provided)

I think it's easy to see that Ashley will never sell!  It's all been a ploy so he could take the flack he would have got off himself by making us all think he was selling us, when infact he had no intention to do so.

He's going to try and string us along all year with this promise so don't fall for it! 

Guest Roger Kint

Based on Ashley's history at the club it's hard to come up with anything convincing to contradict that right now. The only bit of the whole thing that seems out of kilter is why he went to Seymour Pierce, who are not cheap advisors. Why waste good money on professional fees? He could have just let Llambias field the emails, bid offers etc. and keep the press and the fans at bay with crap and fictitious progress reports.

Also the inevitable legal case when SP are forced to prove they werent willingly in on this collective pisstaking. Their reputation wil be damaged otherwise.