RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Although I'd love us to be sold now, it doesn't really matter as much for now with the window closed. We can't lose anymore players now and Hughton is getting them playing on the pitch. The main reason we were so desperate to get Ashley out ASAP was because we were in danger of losing all of our decent players and he wouldn't spend any money. This doesn't apply now anyway. The best thing would be for him to go and for the new manager to come in and get cracking but we can breathe a bit easier now.

Agreed. :thup:

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

I'm rewinding the sky+ to watch again. I'll put brief Q&A bullet points. Gutted it appears no-one else appears to have seen it. Not been home long and this is far too much work for me to be doing of an evening. :lol: Fucking Xmas!!!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm rewinding the sky+ to watch again. I'll put brief Q&A bullet points. Gutted it appears no-one else appears to have seen it. Not been home long and this is far too much work for me to be doing of an evening. :lol: f***ing Xmas!!!!

good lad

now hurry the fuck up :)

Just watched KH on Sky News, Said if he had to guess we would definitely be sold by Christmas. :lol:

To a mixture of local and foreign money. So in other words Moat? Anyone else see it?

Think that pretty much tells us Ashley never had an intention to sell, he's been using that selling the club bollocks as a smokescreen so he could have an easy ride as he new the fans wouldn't have a go.

Well that plan worked spectacularly well, didn't it!

:cheesy:

Just watched KH on Sky News, Said if he had to guess we would definitely be sold by Christmas. :lol:

To a mixture of local and foreign money. So in other words Moat? Anyone else see it?

Think that pretty much tells us Ashley never had an intention to sell, he's been using that selling the club bollocks as a smokescreen so he could have an easy ride as he new the fans wouldn't have a go.

Do you really think Ashley gives a fuck about getting an easy ride?  They have said little and what they have said hasn't all been true, but I'm not sure they are clever enough to execute that sort of precision shiteness.

Well that plan worked spectacularly well, didn't it!

:cheesy:

Can't knock him for that

He got us gooooooood!

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Jeff Randall (bloke who's show it is) - where are we on the sale?

Keith Harris - big club, team top of league, big crowds blah, blah, blah, but there is interest, DD being thoroughly done over a huge amount of time. (he doesn't say this but the scroll along the bottom says 3 potential bidders but still no firm bid for the club :lol:) wage bill is manageable considering the crowds we get.

JR - We wont hold you to this :lol: but "gut instinct" will Newcastle United have a new owner by Christmas? (so xmas was put into his mouth)

KH - Gut instinct they will. Now the transfer window is over will enable the deal to go through more gently?!?!

JR - and almost certainly the new owner. Foreign money?

KH- Not necessarily, I think what we'll see is a mixture of local and foreign money which he thinks Newcastle needs at the moment.

Well that pretty much covers it, seemed more like an advert to me. Loads of filling in the gaps with shit like bigging our start to the championship up pointing out what a massive club we are (3rd highest ave attendance last season) and what it would be like if you got it right speill and how they couldn't understand how Portsmouth and Notts Co had been bought by "outsiders" foreigners. :lol:

Jeff Randall (bloke who's show it is) - where are we on the sale?

Keith Harris - big club, team top of league, big crowds blah, blah, blah, but there is interest, DD being thoroughly done over a huge amount of time. (he doesn't say this but the scroll along the bottom says 3 potential bidders but still no firm bid for the club :lol:) wage bill is manageable considering the crowds we get.

JR - We wont hold you to this :lol: but "gut instinct" will Newcastle United have a new owner by Christmas? (so xmas was put into his mouth)

KH - Gut instinct they will. Now the transfer window is over will enable the deal to go through more gently?!?!

JR - and almost certainly the new owner. Foreign money?

KH- Not necessarily, I think what we'll see is a mixture of local and foreign money which he thinks Newcastle needs at the moment.

Well that pretty much covers it, seemed more like an advert to me. Loads of filling in the gaps with s*** like bigging our start to the championship up pointing out what a massive club we are (3rd highest ave attendance last season) and what it would be like if you got it right speill and how they couldn't understand how Portsmouth and Notts Co had been bought by "outsiders" foreigners. :lol:

So, we've BEEN HAD . . . and in fact we are "still being had" . . . so well played Ashley, he has COMPLETELY won the battle all summer.  Brilliant.

( PS  -  This is my "1,000th" post on here . . . )

Guest The_Scoreboard

So in general:

Big Mike has agreed to sell to his mate so long as he comes up with the cash soonish, chum buddy compadre fails to raise the cash so gets more time. in the mean time a few other bids surface from americans and fanbase 90210  but instead of being rude and rejecting them they string them along just incase MOAT cant get the cash this time of 2020. why doesnt he or his muppet derek come out and say that moat is his preferred purchaser instead of pissing everyone about???? :angry:

Guest sicko2ndbest

So in general:

Big Mike has agreed to sell to his mate so long as he comes up with the cash soonish, chum buddy compadre fails to raise the cash so gets more time. in the mean time a few other bids surface from americans and fanbase 90210  but instead of being rude and rejecting them they string them along just incase MOAT cant get the cash this time of 2020. why doesnt he or his muppet derek come out and say that moat is his preferred purchaser instead of pissing everyone about???? :angry:

I think you could be pretty close

Are we really now supposed to believe Ashley is a generous guy who will ignore a real offer from someone else to allow his mate to come up with the money? :nope:  He'd hit Moat with a shovel and bury him in the center circle if it meant getting £100m for the club.

So in general:

Because you don't know he is, really.  If Moat can't quite prove he can afford the overdraft we have or can't quite pay £100m in one go so is looking to borrow or spread the payments, why would Ashley ignore a new bid if its £100m on the table and they can manage the overdraft? - that would be silly, wouldn't it?

So in general:

I think you could be pretty close

About this close?

http://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5150515/2/istockphoto_5150515-off-target.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH8KH2oPXvj6XP2lmvkXN8db54zYw