RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

.com claim 'club insiders' claim (lot of claims i know) that the keegan payout could force us into administartion.

Why should we believe you? How do you know .com? :shifty:

Actually thinking now, its complete bollocks, we reduced our 40m overdraft to 20m meaning there is 20m left.

Our overdraft LIMIT was £40m(may have been £39m) its highily unlikely we were on the limit for so many months. No way it would have taken so long to sell in that case.

I never said we were at our LIMIT. 

So what were you talking about then?

I was just saying we'd reduced it to 20m ands its limit is 40m.  What were you talking about?

Reducing it from £40m to £20m because Barclays effectively forced us does not in any way leave £20m left to us no matter how rammed up your own arse you want to sound ;D

They didn't force us to, only if Ashley leaves, ashley guarantees the overdraft,  they'd give us a 100m overdraft if he was guarantor.

Guest Roger Kint

.com claim 'club insiders' claim (lot of claims i know) that the keegan payout could force us into administartion.

Actually thinking now, its complete bollocks, we reduced our 40m overdraft to 20m meaning there is 20m left.

Our overdraft LIMIT was £40m(may have been £39m) its highily unlikely we were on the limit for so many months. No way it would have taken so long to sell in that case.

I was just saying we'd reduced it to 20m ands its limit is 40m.  What were you talking about?

Reducing it from £40m to £20m because Barclays effectively forced us does not in any way leave £20m left to us no matter how rammed up your own arse you want to sound ;D

They didn't force us to, only if Ashley leaves, ashley guarantees the overdraft,  they'd give us a 100m overdraft if he was guarantor.

Yeah ok then you just ignore all the reports of it, it was even explained seconds before you posted.

The overdraft was £39m (confirmed on .cock), and the reports were that we were using £25m of it. Barclays wanted both of these figures reducing considering our relegation, and particularly if someone with significantly less disposable cash (ie Moat) took over.

Barclays have probably been begging Ashley to stay.

Yeah ok then you just ignore all the reports of it, it was even explained seconds before you posted.

The overdraft was £39m (confirmed on .cock), and the reports were that we were using £25m of it. Barclays wanted both of these figures reducing considering our relegation, and particularly if someone with significantly less disposable cash (ie Moat) took over.

Thats because they thought he was selling.  Banks will let you guarantee any amount provided you have enough money to cover it.  If this was the case how do we still have a 39m overdraft?

Guest Roger Kint

Thats because they thought he was selling.  Banks will let you guarantee any amount provided you have enough money to cover it.  If this was the case how do we still have a 39m overdraft?

No the agreement ended and Ashley had to reduce it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/02/mike-ashley-newcastle-sale-barry-moat

No the agreement ended and Ashley had to reduce it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/02/mike-ashley-newcastle-sale-barry-moat

Thats about Moat trying to come to an agreement, if Ashley Gurantee'd it we could get a 100m overdraft, he won't so it's a pointless discussion, but it's true.

Guest Roger Kint

As a general rule, Championship clubs are never extended overdrafts over £10m by Barclays. But Newcastle – whose old facility expired on Monday night – argue they are a special case.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyway none of this is particularly important. Simply a tangent from your claims we reduced our overdraft from £40m to £20m yet were never at our £39m LIMIT ;D

Anyway none of this is particularly important. Simply a tangent from your claims we reduced our overdraft from £40m to £20m yet were never at our £39m LIMIT ;D

Can't be arsed anymore, can't even remember what point I was trying to make. But

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4646573.Moat_moves_closer_to_Magpies_buy_out/

Moat’s representatives have been in talks with Barclays Bank, who currently have a £39m overdraft facility with the Magpies

Guest Roger Kint

Can't be arsed anymore, can't even remember what point I was trying to make. But

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4646573.Moat_moves_closer_to_Magpies_buy_out/

Moat’s representatives have been in talks with Barclays Bank, who currently have a £39m overdraft facility with the Magpies

Your original point was we reduced our £40m overdraft to £20m leaving £20m to spare. When questioned you said we were never at the limit so my point was pretty simple. Either you think the overdraft limit was reduced or you were talking crap when you denied we were at the limit.

Fair enough though, lets drop it as its easier.

Moats representatives have been in talks with Barclays Bank, who currently have a £39m overdraft facility with the Magpies

Your original point was we reduced our £40m overdraft to £20m leaving £20m to spare. When questioned you said we were never at the limit so my point was pretty simple. Either you think the overdraft limit was reduced or you were talking crap when you denied we were at the limit.

Fair enough though, lets drop it as its easier.

We both may have made false statements, lets agree to agree to not really understand what the other persons point is.  I don't even know what I'm trying to say now.

Guest Roger Kint

I reckon the last 20-30 posts in this thread may have represented a new low. That's some impressive going.

There was a point to this at the start ;D

Anyway like Dave said, the Keegan thread totally pisses on this for being a new low.

I reckon the last 20-30 posts in this thread may have represented a new low. That's some impressive going.

There was a point to this at the start ;D

Anyway like Dave said, the Keegan thread totally pisses on this for being a new low.

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to start all over again.

So what are people going to do if we do get sold?

Think i'll sit back and have scotch on the rocks then pull the wifes face down onto mine.

Send a letter to the buyer threatening to slaughter their family if they run the club as badly as the old administration. But I'll put it nicely.

Think i'll sit back and have scotch on the rocks then pull the wifes face down onto mine.

Send a letter to the buyer threatening to slaughter their family if they run the club as badly as the old administration. But I'll put it nicely.

:lol: You going to write it on perfumed paper?

:lol: You going to write it on perfumed paper?

Carve it into a perfumed horse's head.