RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wheres Sillius gone. This thread is boring the f*** out of me now.

I want ITK

Santa is buying us and relocating us to play on the North Pole. He doesn't have the funds yet, but he'll get there.

I'll have you know Santa doesn't live in the North Pole, he lives in Rovaniemi, Finland. I've seen his house.

People are going soft on this nob now, just cos we are sitting pretty at the top of the league doesn't mean s*** head should get off lightly.

The players and Chris Hughton have saved this c*** a whole load of s*** from the fans for collecting the points we have so far.

If we continued our meltdown and were floating about the bottom and i'd bet people wouldnt be going soft.

This is like when Oliver Cromwell pushed to have the Kings head loped off, cut the f***er off and be done with it.

maybe not.

It is disappointing how winning a few games in the Second Division, seems to have pacified a few people.

It is the  S E C O N D  D I V I S I O N  (whatever it's called this week) for goodness sake, it means nothing at all that we are beating a load of 'nothingness' teams, that are even worse than the middle and lower Premier League 'nothingness' teams that we should have been thrashing last season.

As someone wrote a few posts back  -  the best you can describe this useless time-wasting season as, is as a "Gap Year".

Disagree. In principle, yes of course, we're not winning in the top division. In principle, a club of this size belongs in the top division. However, I disagree that this year is a waste of time. We have needed that winning feeling for a few seasons now. We have desperately needed for the focus to be on the football pitch rather than the director's box/manager seat/underperforming superstar/tabloids etc....

The togetherness of the squad this season will prove invaluable, and it might, just might, be one of the first steps towards rectifying the disastrous decline of the last 3 or 4 years.

People are going soft on this nob now, just cos we are sitting pretty at the top of the league doesn't mean s*** head should get off lightly.

The players and Chris Hughton have saved this c*** a whole load of s*** from the fans for collecting the points we have so far.

If we continued our meltdown and were floating about the bottom and i'd bet people wouldnt be going soft.

This is like when Oliver Cromwell pushed to have the Kings head loped off, cut the f***er off and be done with it.

maybe not.

It is disappointing how winning a few games in the Second Division, seems to have pacified a few people.

It is the  S E C O N D  D I V I S I O N  (whatever it's called this week) for goodness sake, it means nothing at all that we are beating a load of 'nothingness' teams, that are even worse than the middle and lower Premier League 'nothingness' teams that we should have been thrashing last season.

As someone wrote a few posts back  -  the best you can describe this useless time-wasting season as, is as a "Gap Year".

Disagree. In principle, yes of course, we're not winning in the top division. In principle, a club of this size belongs in the top division. However, I disagree that this year is a waste of time. We have needed that winning feeling for a few seasons now. We have desperately needed for the focus to be on the football pitch rather than the director's box/manager seat/underperforming superstar/tabloids etc....

The togetherness of the squad this season will prove invaluable, and it might, just might, be one of the first steps towards rectifying the disastrous decline of the last 3 or 4 years.

I agree. Upward momentum is very important, even if you're starting from a low point. We spent the previous years fighting a strong sense of decline, which of course isn't good for morale.

maybe not.

We are still a considerable way off that

The Keegan affair, the "takeover" from the hideous Ashley, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, we are in the Second Division.

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying, a fair few people are enjoying it.

Perhaps, if we get relegated again (down to the Third Division) . . . a FEW MORE people will enjoy it EVEN MORE.

No ones saying they want to be in the championship are they, theyre saying they're enjoying winning games for a change. Its nice to get the highs of a win, regardless of where that takes place.

People dont have to be at the very top level of a sport to get any enjoyment from it, that doesnt mean that isnt where they aspire to be does it

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying, a fair few people are enjoying it.

Perhaps, if we get relegated again (down to the Third Division) . . . a FEW MORE people will enjoy it EVEN MORE.

No ones saying they want to be in the championship are they, theyre saying they're enjoying winning games for a change. Its nice to get the highs of a win, regardless of where that takes place.

People dont have to be at the very top level of a sport to get any enjoyment from it, that doesnt mean that isnt where they aspire to be does it

Very true. Due to my geographic location, I take my lad to watch Wootton Bassett Town most weekends. He considers himself a Toon fan, but gets a lot of enjoyment watching Bassett.

maybe not.

Yes there'll always be stories about us in the media regardless, but ask around, and I think you'll find that most people aren't bothered anymore to some extent. The football has given us a respite and something to shout about. I think it's absolutely stupid to take one side or another in the whole Keegan vs Ashley affair because the team are giving us the chance to unite and just enjoy the football for a bloody change. There's nothing we can do about the outcome of the tribunal or about the sale of the club.

I myself have chosen to stop fretting and grumbling, and just look forward to the next Kevin Nolan hattrick  :smitten:

Aye, it's nice to be winning, but it's tarnished because we are'nt winning at the top level. Being in the 2nd division/championship is something we just have to put up with, hopefully for not too long before promotion. Playing at the top is the goal all clubs should be aiming for. As pointed out previously, you shouldn't want to hang around the lower leagues just because you're more likely to win more games.

Let's get up, and out of this wilderness this season.

maybe not.

Yes there'll always be stories about us in the media regardless, but ask around, and I think you'll find that most people aren't bothered anymore to some extent. The football has given us a respite and something to shout about. I think it's absolutely stupid to take one side or another in the whole Keegan vs Ashley affair because the team are giving us the chance to unite and just enjoy the football for a bloody change. There's nothing we can do about the outcome of the tribunal or about the sale of the club.

I myself have chosen to stop fretting and grumbling, and just look forward to the next Kevin Nolan hattrick  :smitten:

Nothing personal about you, but that is the perfect reply to illustrate the illness that has swallowed up this club and its supporters.

It can be summed up as . . . "THE DEATH OF AMBITION / JUST LET ME LIE DOWN HERE AND DIE IN PEACE . . . IT'S ANOTHER NOLAN HAT-TRICK, AFTER ALL"

You're coming out with a made up conclusion though that no one is actually stating atall

Of course people do not 'state' it, but it is spreading like a disease - they are DOING it.

They are starting to like being a no-hoper type of club, happily content with winning lots of lower-league games.

"THE DEATH OF AMBITION / JUST LET ME LIE DOWN HERE AND DIE IN PEACE . . . IT'S ANOTHER NOLAN HAT-TRICK, AFTER ALL"

That statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If someone enjoys Nolan scoring hat-tricks and us winning games, how is that a lack of ambition? Are you suggesting this mythical person would be just as happy if we were losing?

Should we be refusing to attend games because we're not in the top league? :dowie:

Er, we need to win lots of lower-league games to become a higher-league club again.

I don't really understand your point. We shouldn't enjoy winning?

Dave, and others who have commented . . . in my own defence AND an admission!

I am a normal NUFC fan, of long standing, and I do NOT feel happy in the Second Division.  I do not feel happy about us winning/drawing/losing matches in the Second Division  -  I "hate" every moment of it. 

I cannot understand how there are so many people (from the way they talk on here, and elsewhere) that DO seem to be so very happy, JUST because we are winning.

I know they are not 'analysing' it . . . it is just how they feel, because we are beating teams.  They are enjoying it! 

ME, I just hate the ignominy of it . . . we "qualified" to beat these teams by being relegated.  NEWCASTLE UNITED FC (the "post 1992" Newcastle United FC) have 'left the Premier League' . . . that (in itself) should have been impossible.

So, that is why I say what I say  -  because I cannot feel as these others do.

Now - the ADMISSION . . . in my previous posts on this subject, I have been very guilty of using "over-dramatic" language, mainly to try to make people think . . . but partially just to 'wind people up'.

I am TOTALLY wound up about our relegation - so why should I not wind others up too?  I will try to curb that from now on.

BUT - I still cannot be happy about ANYTHING that happens while we are down there . . . not even if (as we probably will) we go "five points clear at the top" tomorrow  -  because it is top OF the . .  er . . .  well you know what !!!

Oh ffs. Someone's been rejecting reality for far too long it seems. Accept it, Manor. ACCEEEEEPPTTT ITTTTTTTTTTT.

The first step is acceptance. Then you realise your love is still there, and will never go away, regardless of the division the club plays in.

Guest toonlass

Fuck it. I am happy that we are winning games. Ok we can say we shouldn't be there, but why not? Because we are Newcastle? Does that give us a divine right to escape relegation? Does it fuck. We were shocking last season, we were relegated because of it. I am not happy that we are in the Championship or whatever you want to call it, but we are winning games. I don't really care if we are scraping points or hammering teams (well I do because games like Saturday's against Ipswich are canny to watch) as long as we are putting the points on the board.

We can sit here, miserable as sin, whining on that no-one should enjoy a match because we are in the second tier of English football, or we can back the team, enjoy the wins, hopefully regain our premiership place at the end of the season and build from there. What's the point in being a miserable twat about it?