RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

without going through the whole thread,what would a buyer end up with for a £100million?, remants of a first team squad minus loan players, no actual collaterall i.e. ground as council owns it, debts outstanding who knows what we really owe Ashley as to me it appears he wants his money back, a rebuild of the team should we get promoted, a further downsize should we not ,parachutes become paper in place of silk, Goodwill what goodwill, outstanding payments to previous managers and clubs for wages and club purchases.

If he has paid over the top for the club then Tango Sierra, as if I buy something and the price has reduced following a purchase as these things do over Christmas then Tough Titty thats the way it is.He then must sell at best if he really wants to sell.

In return, loyal following (muppets that we are)minimum 40K every game at home, kit deals and sponsorship and a chance to clear the decks and start again, would YOU by us or are worth less than £100million.

I can't see why this idea that Ashley has no intention of selling should persist. He publicly declared that he'd sell for £100m. If he wasn't serious, that leaves him wide open to exposure if someone then does bid £100 million and he still turns them down. So far, nobody has said that's happened. Potential buyers either haven't come up with the money, or when they've looked closely at the club's financial position, decided not to go ahead.

The real debate is whether £100m is a fair price. If someone has money to invest in players to ensure promotion, it's a bargain. For the likes of Moat, who it seems can't invest any more than Ashley, it's too much of a risk.

Is about the top and bottom of it BY. As I said no one "serious" seems interested and thats why it's been left to chancers and publicity seekers to fill the column inches.

Is £100M a fair price ?

Well I'd pay it if I had it  ;D. Not JUST because I love the club but because I still believe that properly run it could be worth far more than that.

I wouldn't have thought results ever had a bearing on the valuation.

I'd have said only the players, promotion or relegation from the pitch side of things would effect the club's cost.

"Well Mike they lost to Forrest and Scunthorpe, so that's another £10m off the offer..."

Guest Geordiekev

SSN: Newcastle confirm that they're no longer in talks with Geoff Sheard and the US foundation involved.

As if they ever were... Just a little advertising ploy from them. Not as if that Geoff Sheard has ever done anything like that in the past :crazy2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wonder if its significant that they havnt said they are not in negotiations with anyone?

Probably not but hey!

well heres whats not true the notws latest offerings

MIKE ASHLEY was attacked by furious Newcastle fans during the club's defeat to Scunthorpe on Wednesday.

The hugely unpopular Toon chief had to be rescued by stewards as he faced the wrath of supporters furious at the demise of their club.

That could prove to be the final straw for Ashley, with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat tabling an £80million package on Friday to take complete control.

Sport of the World has learned that Moat was given the green light by his financiers in midweek to table an offer that could end the Sports Direct boss's traumatic 28 months in charge at St James' Park.

Moat has put down a bid of £60m and has put together the finance to appease Barclays Bank with Newcastle's overdraft at bursting point.

That will see him immediately injecting a further £20m to solve the club's financial wreckage.

And Newcastle fans will be further stunned to learn that hate figure Dennis Wise, who left in April, is STILL on the club's payroll and receiving a salary of £20,000 a week.

In total, Newcastle are forking out £3.3m a month in wages and national insurance, and they have no sponsorship money to turn to.

Former chairman Freddy Shepherd spent the Adidas and Northern Rock backing on signing Michael Owen in the summer of 2005, before Ashley even arrived.

Moat was promised a decision by Ashley on Friday, only to be told the unpredictable Newcastle owner wanted a further two days.

He has promised Moat and key brokers Seymour Pierce that there will be a final decision today.

Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias have held off the sale in the belief that a better offer from a consortium would emerge. But the controversial pair have been repeatedly warned that Moat's bid is the only viable one on the table, one that will mean Ashley takes a hit of around £190m if he accepts.

A senior source admitted: "It is time for Mike to realise this is his way out. Stewards saved him at Scunthorpe in midweek. They had to fight off supporters from getting at him."

Toon fans were enraged by Ashley's fresh claim last week that he puts more money into the club than the supporters, and because of that he can do what he likes.

He was met by those fans in the stands at Glanford Park during Newcastle's humbling loss to Scunthorpe.

And he further ignited the situation by claiming Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer were asking for a small fortune to manage the side, before being rescued by Scunthorpe officials.

Ashley appears almost immune to the abuse and his low standing with Newcastle fans.

He again faced angry chants imploring him to sell the club throughout yesterday's home game with Doncaster as he sat in the directors' box.

Wise was handed a two-year contract worth £1m a year when he was appointed in February last year, without Keegan's knowledge.

But when Shearer took over as temporary manager back in April, he told Ashley and Llambias that he would not work with the club's executive director of football.

Ashley agreed to pay Wise's salary in full until it runs out next March, meaning Wise, whose appointment led to Keegan's departure, has picked up a staggering £560,000 since he left his post.

Our source added: "He is picking up his contract as if he was still working at Newcastle."

Wise will continue to collect the rest of his £80,000-a-month salary until March unless Moat decides to give him an outright pay-off. He is expected to return to football at Charlton with another controversial former Newcastle employee, Tony Jimenez.

Guest Geordiekev

Well any of you lads that trevelled to Scunny take part in this so called attack whereby stewards managed to rescue Ashley, I'm more than sure that if the supporters went at him together then it would take alot more than a hand full of stewards to stop them.

Ohh and surely all the papers would have ran with it, if a geordie farts then they catch the smell..