The England Thread

Pilko

Also Michael Carrick has far too few caps, a minor improvement would be to fuck Barry off and play him instead.

Carrick is slightly better than Barry, but hardly the answer. Shame Hargreaves is as frail as Michael Owen, or I'd have him over both of them any day of the week.

If we absolutely have to play Gerrard (which we don't), would a Barton-style right wing role work? He's still got pretty decent delivery from wide positions.

Possibly, but I don't think he has the discipline to stick to the position. That's basically his main weakness wherever you play him.

This Gerrard love in business has to stop. They showed 'highlights' of his performance at the end and praised him as some kind of hero. His highlights were 1. Getting tackled 2. Missing a header and 3. Sticking a shot wide with the keeper on his back.

Gerrard could come into the ITV studio, squat down and take a dumb on their little coffee table, and Adrian Chiles and Gareth Southgate would lavish him with praise for such a fantastic end product.

Rooney and Lampard shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad. Barry and Gerrard too.

:lol:

Aye, what am I thinking? I mean it didn't work at Euro 2004, or WC 2006, or WC 2010. Oh and they didn't even get to Euro 2008. But maybe, just maybe, it might magically work at Euro 2012 :thup:

If we absolutely have to play Gerrard (which we don't), would a Barton-style right wing role work? He's still got pretty decent delivery from wide positions.

He's played wide left quite a lot under Capello, so the thought is certainly not too outlandish. I'd much rather have Johnson out there though, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Possibly, but I don't think he has the discipline to stick to the position. That's basically his main weakness wherever you play him.

I agree. He would start drifting all over the place and worse still would offer no protection to the full back on the right side. Remember in the world cup how Ashley Cole was left to defend against two players on the left side as teams took advantage of Gerrard completely abandoning his responsibilities on the left wing.

Rooney and Lampard shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad. Barry and Gerrard too.

Aye, what am I thinking? I mean it didn't work at Euro 2004, or WC 2006, or WC 2010. Oh and they didn't even get to Euro 2008. But maybe, just maybe, it might magically work at Euro 2012 :thup:

Lampard and Rooney didn't work at Euro 2004? News to me. Easily 2 of the best players in the tournament.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at by the part in bold. What's magic? And what do you want to work? You put your best players on the pitch. Rooney is our best striker and Lampard and Gerrard are our best midfielders. At least 2 of those 3 have to be in the side, man. Namely because the likes of as Milner and Defoe just aren't good enough.

Guest neesy111

England Injuries:

Barry Ankle (wouldn't mind him picking up a career threatening injury so I would never have to watch him again).

Ferdinand Knock

Gerrard needs scan. (hopefully as the fucker always love scoring against us)

Lampard and Rooney didn't work at Euro 2004? News to me. Easily 2 of the best platers in the tournament.

Agreed. They were delicious.

Lampard and Rooney didn't work at Euro 2004? News to me. Easily 2 of the best platers in the tournament.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at by the part in bold. What's magic? And what do you want to work? You put your best players on the pitch. Rooney is our best striker and Lampard and Gerrard are our best midfielders. At least 2 of those 3 have to be in the side, man. Namely because the likes of as Milner and Defoe just aren't good enough.

But we've shown in the previous two competitions that it doesn't work - we were toothless in South Africa. We need change.

But we've shown in the previous two competitions that it doesn't work - we were toothless in South Africa. We need change.

So we need Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard out. To be replaced by who?

One bad tournament and arguably our best 3 players out. Whilst the likes of Milner and Lennon will no doubt continue to be called up.

Agreed. They were delicious.

Barton was right about Lampard all along.

So we need Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard out. To be replaced by who?

One bad tournament and arguably our best 3 players out. Whilst the likes of Milner and Lennon will no doubt continue to be called up.

One bad tournament? I must have missed our fantastic showings at Euro 2008 and WC 2006.

How about 4-4-2, round pegs in round holes, fresh blood, phase out dead wood and crocks, dont worry about losing the odd game if the youngsters are developing and build for 2012 around a group of 25-30 players, play english football.  Germany dont worry about losing games when they are building and they dont try and play a style of football they arent used to.  To much continental style tinkering about for years with England now.

It felt like a throwback to England performances of many years ago. There was no confidence in playing the ball through the midfield and we ended up humping too many long balls, particularly in the first half.

Decent foreign opposition finds it too easy to contain us. When our defenders have the ball the opposition can funnel right back, knowing that the man in possession isn't going to have the confidence to take the ball forward and draw someone out. It frustrated the hell out of me tonight seeing Lescott, in twenty yards of space and under no pressure, still hoofing the ball long.

The other problem is the opposition can get really tight on our midfield, knowing that they'll almost certainly pass the ball back under pressure rather than try to beat their man or exploit the space that's been vacated.

We need Rooney back, fit in body and mind. He takes our performances to a different level.

It felt like a throwback to England performances of many years ago. There was no confidence in playing the ball through the midfield and we ended up humping too many long balls, particularly in the first half.

Decent foreign opposition finds it too easy to contain us. When our defenders have the ball the opposition can funnel right back, knowing that the man in possession isn't going to have the confidence to take the ball forward and draw someone out. It frustrated the hell out of me tonight seeing Lescott, in twenty yards of space and under no pressure, still hoofing the ball long.

The other problem is the opposition can get really tight on our midfield, knowing that they'll almost certainly pass the ball back under pressure rather than try to beat their man or exploit the space that's been vacated.

We need Rooney back, fit in body and mind. He takes our performances to a different level.

Wilshere is your man to solve this problem. Does it time and again for Arsenal. Barry and Lampard go sideways and backwards and Gerrard just goes Hollywood. Huddlestone should also be given more consideration now too.