The England Thread

Pilko

Good job England have their traditional easy group and will wait until the finals before getting embarressed again?

Not really, because then halfway through and after the group we have to hear the usual 'England have found their form, turned the corner, IN-GER-LAND, IN-GER-LAND. Seeing them tipped by every 'pundit' to win the cup, or at least make the semis and all that bollocks.

I'd rather we accepted we were shit than the media keep hyping us after beating shite opposition.

Sarcasm doesn't come across well when it isn't spoken.

I know it was in jest, but it just made me angrily remember all the unbearable bollocks we're going to have to put up with when we piss our group.

Wow, it's sensational how much shite Gareth Southgate speaks.

Aye, he's a total mong. I thought Boro should never have sacked him, until I heard him say some of the stuff he believes about football.

France are proof of what a good clearout can do and starting to build a team with new and previously fringe players, whereas were proof of what happens when you play big names for far too long living off past glories, yet the dumb cunt sits there and tries to tell us the problem is we didn't have enough experience tonight.

Hart

Richards  Ferdinand  Cahill  A Cole

Gerrard  Huddlestone

A Johnson     Wilshere      Young

Carroll

Still think it's a bit premature to write Rooney off, he could be a world-class player again.

Valbuena gleefully skiping past Gerrard in midfield to get on to the cross for his goal. World class all round midfielder allegedly.

Who's Gerrard? Do you mean Stevie?

Do you mean Stevie Gee?

Guest neesy111

Collymore is going mental on TalkSport... but he's actually right on almost every point.

What is he going on about, tbf I think he's one of the better expert/ex-players out there.

England need to accept that their big name midfielders are the team's biggest problem and the root of most of their problems. Gerrard, Barry and Lampard have such high profiles that they won't drop any of them though. They do not do a good enough job of keeping posession, getting the ball to the wingers consistently so they can get crosses in, or threading balls through to the front men from the centre. I just never see England do any of these things consistently, and it's their role in the team.

Collymore is going mental on TalkSport... but he's actually right on almost every point.

What is he going on about, tbf I think he's one of the better expert/ex-players out there.

Just talking about youth development and how shit the FA are etc... he's right about how we bring up players.

At the same time though, we still have the players to do much better than we are IMO, Capello is just putting the wrong ones out with the wrong attitude.

So we have short-term and long-term issues, Collymore is mainly focused on the long-term ones.

His advice about spunking on windscreens is spot on, and not to flash foglights just use main beam only.

He knows his dogging