The England Thread

Pilko

Noticing a distinct lack of England flags on vehicles and houses. Used to be everywhere in previous tournaments. How much this is down to today's England players being complete knobs, cheats, cretins, racists and criminals I do not know.

Guest BooBoo

Noticing a distinct lack of England flags on vehicles and houses. Used to be everywhere in previous tournaments. How much this is down to today's England players being complete knobs, cheats, cretins, racists and criminals I do not know.

Was saying the same today. Outside the sports shops I've not seen a single new England shirt.

I think that'll change after the first game (if successful). People will be fans again and expect England to win the Euro.

Wish the media would give it a rest with the Ferdinand stuff. We know why he isn't there, Hodgson knows why he isn't there, Ferdinand knows why he isn't there. What's the point in trying to poke and prod Hodgson into saying it? Just let it drop - absolutely no good can come from talking about it. He's not the most glaring omission anyway.

It's hard not to lose respect for Hodgson after this Ferdinand thing. Even if it's not him making the decision it reflects very badly on him that he's going along with it.

What's he supposed to do? Say that his starting CB has caused the omission of Ferdinand because he made a racial slur towards his brother? I've not agreed with a lot of what Hodgson has done since taking the job, but his hands are tied here.

Wish the media would give it a rest with the Ferdinand stuff. We know why he isn't there, Hodgson knows why he isn't there, Ferdinand knows why he isn't there. What's the point in trying to poke and prod Hodgson into saying it? Just let it drop - absolutely no good can come from talking about it. He's not the most glaring omission anyway.

:thup: that's the most sensible thing I've read about this issue. The same people who were moaning that the media would try and rip Hodgson apart seem to be the same ones who are now jumping on the Ferdinand bandwagon.

It's hard not to lose respect for Hodgson after this Ferdinand thing. Even if it's not him making the decision it reflects very badly on him that he's going along with it.

What's he supposed to do? Say that his starting CB has caused the omission of Ferdinand because he made a racial slur towards his brother? I've not agreed with a lot of what Hodgson has done since taking the job, but his hands are tied here.

Just saying "It's out of my hands" would explain the situation accurately and succinctly if he's not making that decision. The FA should be helping him out a lot more either way.

:thup: that's the most sensible thing I've read about this issue. The same people who were moaning that the media would try and rip Hodgson apart seem to be the same ones who are now jumping on the Ferdinand bandwagon.

Brushing it under the carpet isn't much help when you consider the kind of accusations that are being leveled at very important/powerful people.

Brushing it under the carpet isn't much help when you consider the kind of accusations that are being leveled at very important/powerful people.

Unfortunately, whilst we all enjoy speculating and trying to unbalance the mentality of the squad, there's actually a tournament to go out there and win.

Terry is an absolute cunt, it's wrong on so many levels but I would hate us to win anything with him in the squad.

That's just it. I understand it's a contentious viewpoint and i've got absolutely no issue with people supporting England, but personally i just couldn't enjoy watching John Terry lifting the trophy. Think i have officially been turned. :lol:

Terry is an absolute c***, it's wrong on so many levels but I would hate us to win anything with him in the squad.

That's just it. I understand it's a contentious viewpoint and i've got absolutely no issue with people supporting England, but personally i just couldn't enjoy watching John Terry lifting the trophy. Think i have officially been turned. :lol:

Aye it feels dirty but not as dirty as cheering that twat lifting the cup.

Unfortunately, whilst we all enjoy speculating and trying to unbalance the mentality of the squad, there's actually a tournament to go out there and win.

With a squad that isn't as strong as it could/should be, which is the whole point.

Just saying "It's out of my hands" would explain the situation accurately and succinctly if he's not making that decision. The FA should be helping him out a lot more either way.

That would require some sort of nous and knowhow though.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181012_322514761157633_1973386700_n.jpg

The England team visiting Oscar Schindler's factory...

:lol: at first glance i was like sheeeeeeet JT going downnn

I'm genuinely surprised by the extent to which football fans in this country are fair weather about their national team, never really noticed it before. It's been growing since the WC I guess.