The England Thread

Pilko

I remember we used to get lambasted by everyone and their dogs for criticising Roy's negative tactics and overall shittiness.

This England team is yet to beat a decent side this whole campaign. Don't hold your hopes up in beating Montenegro or Poland.

The only thing holding England back is getting that front 3 sorted. Get Walcott, Rooney and Sturridge working togther and Lampard, Gerrard and Wilshere behind them is fine.

Gerrard and Lampard don't work. The former especially is constantly left wanting when required to defend now.

Jones

Wilshere      Lampard

for me.

The only thing holding England back is getting that front 3 sorted. Get Walcott, Rooney and Sturridge working togther and Lampard, Gerrard and Wilshere behind them is fine.

You don't need Lampard and Gerrard in the same team, one or the other would be fine. They just cancel each other out IMO.

You don't need Lampard and Gerrard in the same team, one or the other would be fine. They just cancel each other out IMO.

8 years later. :anguish:

Did Alan Pardew give the teamtalk?   That performance was utter w***.

He didn't have to, England and Newcastle both have shit managers and I don't know why anybody bothers watching England on top of watching us.

Totally different players now. The midfield is not the problem with England and hasn't been for a while.

The fact that a 35 year old Lampard is still in a different league to most of your other midfielders speaks volumes.

As if that matters. See Pirlo, Italy.

Missed my point completely.  It wasn't about Lampard's ability, it was about the lack of quality they have in midfield from other players.

Italy also have Marchisio, Verratti, De Rossi, Montolivo...

The fact that a 35 year old Lampard is still in a different league to most of your other midfielders speaks volumes.

As if that matters. See Pirlo, Italy.

He's got a point though. Lampard is still a very good player no doubt. But it should be worrying that no one has put up a serious challenge to his spot yet either. He's good, but he's not Pirlo.