The England Thread

Pilko

Guest firetotheworks

Bunch of fair weather fans around here. :lol:

It helps when you have Baines, Jagiekla, Cahill and Carrick starting and not the trinity of utter c***s, Cole, Terry and Ferdinand.

Cole walks back into this side, like.

Aye, it's not his quality that I abhor though. Similar to the whole 'group of lads' we had. Limited, but the love is there.

It helps when you have Baines, Jagiekla, Cahill and Carrick starting and not the trinity of utter c***s, Cole, Terry and Ferdinand.

Aye for all Baines talents going forward he's still nowhere near Cole defensively and in the end it will matter.

His attacking contribution mattered more tonight.

Aye for all Baines talents going forward he's still nowhere near Cole defensively and in the end it will matter.

Yes it did but better teams will exploit his lack of defensive ability..... doesn't help the centre backs are very very average though.

Cole is the only truly top level defender we have and he walks back in the team, even if he is a c*nt.

Yes it did but better teams will exploit his lack of defensive ability..... doesn't help the centre backs are very very average though.

Cole is the only truly top level defender we have and he walks back in the team, even if he is a c*nt.

Equally his ability going forwards would exploit oppositions more than Cole. Just like what he gives us from the left.

Yeah, this is the dilemma. I'd like to play Baines, but our centre backs aren't great and they don't get much help from the central midfield players, so can we afford the choice of Baines?

Most England sides of the past have been strong defensively but ordinary going forward, but this one is the opposite. Some of our attacking combination play tonight was very good. Maybe we should just go for it.

I hope Gerrard can keep up his form for next summer. He's been very good of late. Very assured in that role with all the young bucks buzzing around in front of him.

Pretty much since Woy took over and made him Captain,  Gerrard has been excellent.

Speaking of Woy. I think the man deserves an awful lot of credit, personally. Not least for saving us from Cuntflapp.

:thup:

Quietly gone about his business and has certainly taken us forward and has us actually playing some decent stuff. Fair play to him, I don't mind admitting that I didn't think he'd be good for us. Pleased thus far to be wrong.

Speaking of Woy. I think the man deserves an awful lot of credit, personally. Not least for saving us from Cuntflapp.

Him doing well pleases me immensely after seeing numerous Liverpool tards slating him after a slightly dodgy performance.

Him doing well pleases me immensely after seeing numerous Liverpool tards slating him after a slightly dodgy performance.

aye but unfortunately no-one knows more about football than those passionate fans of Liverpool Football Club so they're still right.  :thup:

Roy has done a decent job, but it's not like he's managed a miracle.

England topped a group they were expected to top, and due to being negative away from home (a lot of draws) they dropped so much in FIFA rankings that they won't be seeded. England won't have the home support of Wembley next summer and certainly can't be as negative as they were in Kiev last month, so Roy has to find a right balance.

He deserves credit for taking England to the WC in a relatively tricky group, but it's not like he's done something other England managers haven't done (McLaren aside). And I fucking hate those Liverpool fans who think the more they bash Roy/England, the more of Liverpool fans they are. Obsessed cunts.

Yep. Unlike a lot of managers he's shown to be adaptable and is happy to set the team up depending on how we should be playing against the specific opposition. When we need to defend, we defend well. When we've needed to attack (like the last two games), we've done that well too. We aren't good enough to simply do the latter all the time.