The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Roger Kint

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend 11m

I don't know what all this fuss is about. No offence was meant and none was taken! It's not even news worthy!

However Piara Powar, executive director of Fare (Football Against Racism in Europe), told the BBC: "This was a silly phrase to use in a diverse workforce.

"One assumes it wasn't Freudian - there is no evidence to suggest it was. I think some players will see it as a reflection of the type of language still used by some coaches and some attitudes that still prevail."

From the BBC's article.

Hate the way these interest groups sensationalise things in order to get themselves exposure. Not quite as bad as the 'Society of Black Lawyers' but still why anybody gives these people the time of day is beyond me.

2009/10  Benitez  (sold Xabi Alonso)    7th

2010/11  Hodgson (sold Mascherano)  7th (Aug - Jan)

2010/11  Dogleash                                6th (Jan - May)

2011/12  Dogleash                                8th

2012/13  Rodgers                                  7th

Yet Woy is hated there and the other three are idolised. I don't get it.

PS/ That story in 'The Sun' is ridiculous. What a horrible paper.

We were 13th when Roy was sacked (25 points in 20 games) , and not 7th. After his sacking, we had the 2nd best record in the league (after United) in second half of that season. Then f*** knows why Dalglish abandoned his passing game and formula and built a team around Andy f***ing Carroll.

Also, the other 3 are praised (Despite  their managerial deficiencies) because they defended the club and the city and talked the club up, as opposed to bringing the club down and undermining the fans.

I am sure you'll appreciate a manager who'll go out there and say : "I want this club to be competitive with the very best in the country. I want to win many games and bring pride back to the shirt. With the support of the fans we can do it. I'll protect the values of this club and we'll grow together"

as opposed to someone a manager saying : "an away win is rare (historic)" .

:thup:

Hodgson was absolutely crap at Liverpool and a cunt to boot. People are just sticking the boot in because they don't like Liverpool.

2009/10  Benitez  (sold Xabi Alonso)    7th

2010/11  Hodgson (sold Mascherano)  7th (Aug - Jan)

2010/11  Dogleash                                6th (Jan - May)

2011/12  Dogleash                                8th

2012/13  Rodgers                                  7th

Yet Woy is hated there and the other three are idolised. I don't get it.

PS/ That story in 'The Sun' is ridiculous. What a horrible paper.

We were 13th when Roy was sacked (25 points in 20 games) , and not 7th. After his sacking, we had the 2nd best record in the league (after United) in second half of that season. Then f*** knows why Dalglish abandoned his passing game and formula and built a team around Andy f***ing Carroll.

Also, the other 3 are praised (Despite  their managerial deficiencies) because they defended the club and the city and talked the club up, as opposed to bringing the club down and undermining the fans.

I am sure you'll appreciate a manager who'll go out there and say : "I want this club to be competitive with the very best in the country. I want to win many games and bring pride back to the shirt. With the support of the fans we can do it. I'll protect the values of this club and we'll grow together"

as opposed to someone a manager saying : "an away win is rare (historic)" .

:thup:

Hodgson was absolutely crap at Liverpool and a c*** to boot. People are just sticking the boot in because they don't like Liverpool.

This.

However Piara Powar, executive director of Fare (Football Against Racism in Europe), told the BBC: "This was a silly phrase to use in a diverse workforce.

"One assumes it wasn't Freudian - there is no evidence to suggest it was. I think some players will see it as a reflection of the type of language still used by some coaches and some attitudes that still prevail."

From the BBC's article.

Hate the way these interest groups sensationalise things in order to get themselves exposure. Not quite as bad as the 'Society of Black Lawyers' but still why anybody gives these people the time of day is beyond me.

What a load of shite. I'm all for the groups that represent interests of specific groups but they do themselves no favours trying to get press off the back of this sort of thing. 

Guest icemanblue

From the BBC's article.

What a load of shite. I'm all for the groups that represent interests of specific groups but they do themselves no favours trying to get press off the back of this sort of thing. 

Keeps them relevant, innit. Knock on effect when it comes to funding, I'm sure.

As for the comments, (Solely speaking about football), a manager's mentality translates into his players. Rafa's first interview when becoming manager in 2004 was : "I have come here to win. I want to win a lot of matches, and make history in this football club." Sorry for having some ambition.

He cried when he announced that he was leaving Valencia.

Hopefully, a more sophisticated tactical plan is in the offing than just giving the ball to Townsend.

The lad's done very well, but I think Oxlade-C has more to his game, and is likely to have more of an impact against the better sides.

Nothing against Townsend, who I'm sure will be in the squad, but the Ox is an exceptional talent IMO.

I also think we will need younger legs in midfield, and only one of Gerrard, Lampard and Carrick should start.

Hopefully, a more sophisticated tactical plan is in the offing than just giving the ball to Townsend.

I think it's just been that in the last 2 games because he has been up against 2 very poor full backs and knew he had the beating of them.

The lad's done very well, but I think Oxlade-C has more to his game, and is likely to have more of an impact against the better sides.

Nothing against Townsend, who I'm sure will be in the squad, but the Ox is an exceptional talent IMO.

I also think we will need younger legs in midfield, and only one of Gerrard, Lampard and Carrick should start.

AOC is a central player imo. In any case Townsend has earned his spot.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/17/roy-hodgson-space-monkey-kick-it-out-investigation

The anti-racism group Kick It Out has called on the Football Association to investigate a joke about a monkey in space made by Roy Hodgson despite the England winger Andros Townsend's attempts to play down the issue.

Kick It Out, football's equality and inclusion campaign, recognises and shares the concerns of the parties who felt mindful to bring the comments into the public domain.

"The matter has been raised by the chair, Lord Herman Ouseley, directly with the Football Association, who acknowledges the apology made by Roy Hodgson, and NOW SEEKS AN INVESTIGATION

http://civiseli.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/misc-burn_him.jpg