The England Thread

Pilko

Some quality booing there. England are proving they're still a horrific team, although Carroll has been very impressive. Either take him off at half time, or bring on a proper strike partner for him. Having said that, I doubt this team could even score in a brothel Kevin Nolan house party.

Even Danny Murphy would improve this midfield. No one out there can dictate play in any way shape or form. Gerrard just wants to show people how far he can pass the ball all the time, just compare his mindset to Nasri's and Gourcuff's. Has no one ever mentioned this to him? If so, why not? Gerrard is a terrible player internationally. Poor understanding of the game.

Even Danny Murphy would improve this midfield. No one out there can dictate play in any way shape or form. Gerrard just wants to show people how far he can pass the ball all the time, just compare his mindset to Nasri's and Gourcuff's. Has no one ever mentioned this to him? If so, why not? Gerrard is a terrible player internationally. Poor understanding of the game.

The number of times he's tried the hollywood ball when he just needs to keep hold of it has been terrible. Looking for balls that aren't even on in the first place.

Henderson nowhere near ready for international football. Could benefit with another year in the Under 21s.

:thup:

Needs to learn his role in the Sunderland side first and foremost. Enthusiasm and having a decent passing range can only get you so far.

Some quality booing there. England are proving they're still a horrific team, although Carroll has been very impressive. Either take him off at half time, or bring on a proper strike partner for him. Having said that, I doubt this team could even score in a brothel Kevin Nolan house party.

Keep AC on, he can  :pow:

Henderson nowhere near ready for international football. Could benefit with another year in the Under 21s.

At least he is looking to be patient and play it short in the rare instances he has been involved. However he is getting no help whatsoever from the two supposedly senior players alongside him. Actually feel bad for him in a way.

I've not seen him warrant any of the hype surrounding him and a potential move to Manchester, he's barely Premiership level imo, though its very early days and could become a star, but its a long way away for me.

Christ, that was woeful :lol: We basically haven't got a midfield, Henderson and Barry aren't in the game at all. France just pass straight through them as if they weren't there, and when they get the ball they just play it back to our defenders to hoof it for Carroll. Milner and Walcott has offered nothing on the wings, get them both off and get someone who can work the flanks and get a cross in for fucks sake.

Funnily enough, it looks like Carroll is the seasoned pro out there, with loads of caps under his belt and is trying to carry the players who are just getting their first cap.

Put Walcott up top with Carroll, put Milner inside, bring on Downing and Johnson wide.

Kapow, 3-1 to England.

Maybe not 3-1, but we'd give a much more respectable account of ourselves second half.

True, just thought I'd give a random prediction.

In all seriousness though, Capello's team selections are more confusing than his interviews at times.