The England Thread

Pilko

he'll be insufferable if he does get it, every time he calls a squad together he'd be trying to place players at different clubs, 'wew aw wad laaaav to pick danny gaffreee but he needs to move from noooocarsell to a big facking clab like spurs...'

or .... if he does such a shit job he could become a worse pariah than graham taylor, steve mclaren, glenn hoddle or don revie

The biggest reason why I've been so sick of him is because he's gone and done exactly what he said he wouldn't; i.e keep playing players who clearly aren't in form just because of their names. How Joe Hart didn't start in the World Cup was a farce, as has his persistence with Glen Johnson over Richards been. Finally giving Wilshere a chance is probably the most daring thing he's done.

It's not his fault that his players didn't bother turning up against Germany or that the referee was blind in that game, but he's made his fair share of mistakes that has p*ssed me off, which is why I'm very happy that he's gone.

Why does it bother you who is England manager?

Get the f*** in. Capello has been nothing but an embarrassment.

Eh, do you support the English team?

Yeah.

This always puzzles me. I know many in Finland who support England. I kinda understand it here as we've never been in World Cup/Euro, but you Swedes have always been competitive. 

Father is from England (Newcastle), didn't really give me a choice.

I cheer on England as much as anyone at the major tournaments, but I can't say I feel a really strong connection to the national team. A number of players in the team represent numerous things that are so very wrong with modern football.

I'll watch the games, more for the fact that they provide some football to watch during a long summer. And I'd prefer us to win rather than lose, but whereas a Newcastle result will affect my mood for days, I've forgotten an England match before the 'analysis' has started.

I cheer on England as much as anyone at the major tournaments, but I can't say I feel a really strong connection to the national team. A number of players in the team represent numerous things that are so very wrong with modern football.

I'll watch the games, more for the fact that they provide some football to watch during a long summer. And I'd prefer us to win rather than lose, but whereas a Newcastle result will affect my mood for days, I've forgotten an England match before the 'analysis' has started.

outside of tournaments, i generally forget theyre even playing alot of the time...

outside of tournaments, i generally forget theyre even playing alot of the time...

Can't watch friendlies like, shittest thing ever.

I love international tournaments, but not really because of England. I guess if they started picking the right players and doing something exciting that might change though.

Hate the idea of Redknapp as manager, can't stand the guy. The noshing he will get off the press is hard to stomach as well.

I don't share the same hate for redknapp as those on here. always found his interviews amusing and his teams play decent football. has to be him for the job and it would certainly get me back interested in international football.. i think he'd motivate the fuck out them and i think we'll see an england squad that is more interested than in years

I don't share the same hate for redknapp as those on here. always found his interviews amusing and his teams play decent football. has to be him for the job and it would certainly get me back interested in international football.. i think he'd motivate the fuck out them and i think we'll see an england squad that is more interested than in years

This. It's not as though the FA can come out with the old 'we'll take our time and make the right decision' line either, someone needed to be appointed yesterday tbh. Can't see Spurs letting Harry leave or even go part time as yet so Hiddink for me would be the ideal choice.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Redknapp has a head start he's a cockney gobshite, the type of "diamond geezer " the London-centric media love.

There's only one friendly before the end of the season, they'll just use Pearce or someone like that for that game, then get Harry at the end of the season.

could even have harry do both till the end of the season, there's only one friendly before then. may need a new bank account to be paid into, may I suggest calling it "fabio 12"

No one wants the job :lol: It's a crap time to manage England. Horrible unathletic CBs. Technically limited CMs. No standout goalscoring strikers. Some horrible egos in the dressing room, too. Hardly any prep time. Prob a decent buck in it though - surprised Sven isn't re-applying :bluestar:

Agree with Venkman and Neil's earlier posts, too. :thup:

Guest Chubby Jason

This whole thing is making me nauseous. I've heard several bottom-feeders gleefully clapping their hands at this news; Shaun Custis (a revolting prick if there ever was one), Barry Fry spouting a hideous xenophobic rant on SSN (which they keep repeating) and fucking Neil fucking Warnock on, SSN he's LOVING this. "These foreigners are only about the money... We should break the bank for Arry".

I've never known such a waive of "opinion" being shoved down the throat of the public like this. Apparently there really is only ONE MAN for the job and Cappello was a clown and a lazy idiot who was too harsh and standoffish with his players and we are all supposed to just go along with this. It's terrible and it's embarrassing to be honest. It's just shameful from our FA and our press have managed to reach a new low.

worried spurs fan just sent me this.....

Here's one out of left field for you

New England Manager should be

David Beckham (maybe with Pearce as No2)

Is English

Knows what it means to play for England

Knows current crop of players

Loved by the fans

Brilliant with the media

Strong work ethic

Knows what it takes to win trophies

Can speak English (fairly well)

I agree with him to some extent, but for world cup DB would be out of his depth.  The FA wont gamble like this???  HE could probably lead team to olympic glory, but so what= intertoto cup win.

No one wants the job :lol: It's a crap time to manage England. Horrible unathletic CBs. Technically limited CMs. No standout goalscoring strikers. Some horrible egos in the dressing room, too. Hardly any prep time. Prob a decent buck in it though - surprised Sven isn't re-applying :bluestar:

Agree with Venkman and Neil's earlier posts, too. :thup:

Rooney/Wellbeck

Oxlade-Chamberlain    Sturridge/Johnson

Wilshere  Parker  Cleverley

Cole  Smalling  P Jones  Richards

This is a great time to manage England if you have the balls to play a young, technical team like above.