The England Thread

Pilko

And that's why the FA should've hired Harry Redknapp

I'm sorry but there's no way Redknapps squad would have been too far off Hodgsons.

Really?

I reckon he'd have picked Lennon, Johnson, Sturridge and probably Richards as well.

He'd have been far more likely to pick youngsters than Hodgson, who loves workmanlike teams.

Harry likes pace and flair!

Insane that Grant Holt didn't make it tbh.

I hope that's a joke

Should have at least been given a couple of friendlies.

Testicles. The man's 31.

Michael Bridges wasn't lauded for England after his 1 season at AIDs bum boys, or Marcus Stewart after Ipswich's promotion season.

Our forwards are shit now though.

Rooney, Young & maybe OC aside there is nobody in that squad who is a game changer IMO.

Very safe squad in that you know exactly what the rest are going to offer before they even step on to the pitch.

Pretty uninspiring stuff on the whole.

I hope that's a joke

Testicles. The man's 31.

Michael Bridges wasn't lauded for England after his 1 season at AIDs bum boys, or Marcus Stewart after Ipswich's promotion season.

This is precisely the point though, we're always failing to pick the form players. Maybe we should have called Beckham up. Why not try a few new things instead of just going for the same old shit that failed last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

Rooney, Young & maybe OC aside there is nobody in that squad who is a game changer IMO.

Very safe squad in that you know exactly what the rest are going to offer before they even step on to the pitch.

Pretty uninspiring stuff on the whole.

Hart might keep the score down to three or four nil against France.

Would have taken Sturridge and Richards over Downing and Defoe. But then I'd play 433.

Hart

Richards      Terry        Lescott    Cole

Barry        Lampard

Ox

Young                Carroll              Sturridge

Adam Johnson is overrated at club level but the few England games he played he was really good I thought.

Without looking anything up, I somehow get the feeling that he's had a more productive season than Stewart f***ing Downing.

Highly doubt I'll be able to support this team, it's a f***ing disgrace how some of these players are in. France for me like.

Johnson was easily one of our best in the recent friendly with the dutch. Hasnt had much gametime for City, but seems like everytime he comes on hes involved in a goal or assist when ive seen him. Looks class to me, would have him here instantly.

Gerrard captain.

Thought you were joking. :lol:

Hodgson on Carroll "I spoke to Kenny about him at length. Kenny was convinced about his ability, personality and seriousness"

No surprise there are so many Liverpool players then.

The thing with Klose and Podolski being picked for Germany is that they always produce their best football for the national team, and are used to playing in that system. Our players never produce their best football for England and our formation is often easily exposed by faster and more fluid teams, especially in midfield.

Agree that we should play 4-3-3 though, it worked well towards the end of Capello's time in charge and the central midfielders and wingers seemed to benefit.

I hope that's a joke

Testicles. The man's 31.

This is precisely the point though, we're always failing to pick the form players. Maybe we should have called Beckham up. Why not try a few new things instead of just going for the same old shit that failed last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

True, but for me that's a problem with England. Just players coming together for a bit, rather than a team. Surely we're wanting to build a team to grow (ala Germania). Holt wouldn't fit in to that - Obviously there are quite a few in there that fall under the same bracket, but they're better quality. We'd also need to play to Grant Holt. Doing that he wouldn't get a look in on goal anyway. 

Would imagine if I'd spoken to Dalglish at length I'd do anything he told me to just to avoid another situation whereby I'd have to speak to him at length.

:lol:

I do this with certain people at work. 'Yes. Yes, yes yes. YES. OKAY. YES.'

What happened with Scholes getting called up btw? Did they forget to pick him?

Retired from Int. football years ago didn't he?

Was speculation he'd come back into the fold though, hasn't really been addressed.  Will probably come out in the coming weeks that he was asked and refused, like last time.