The England Thread

Pilko

Guest andrew

agree, gerrard was very good. held his midfield line well, great cross as mentioned and kept grafting.

also thought welbeck did well

Guest firetotheworks

I'm surprised with the scores for Welbeck. I thought he looked good with the limited support he had. Overall probably our best performer.

agree, gerrard was very good. held his midfield line well, great cross as mentioned and kept grafting.

also thought welbeck did well

Thought he was shite, Milner and Young were crap as well imo.

getting embroiled in a petty facebook argument 'cos I said Milner was poor.  Some people must have watched a different game.

He wasn't poor, to be fair.

He was f***ing abysmal.

:lol:

Response - "I'd be pissed with him if he had scored 20 odd goals this season, but he was never gonna score that."

areet, so he's a winger, that gans round the keeper and you don't expect him to score.  :lol:

getting embroiled in a petty facebook argument 'cos I said Milner was poor.  Some people must have watched a different game.

He wasn't poor, to be fair.

He was fucking abysmal.

That chance he missed, man, when he took it past the keeper only to put it onto his weaker hoof.

Hart - 7 Had some shaky moments early on but made some good stops and takes later

Johnson - 8 Faced some difficult moments in the first half but grew into the game and was excellent going forward. Our one period of possession seemed to be spurred on by him too.

Cole - 5 First time I've seen him fail to show up in a big game - made to look shit by Debuchy.

Lescott - 7 Solid, took his goal well. A bit nervous when on the ball.

Terry - 7 Decent

Milner - 3 Happiest day of my life when we sold him. Completely out of his depth

Oxlade-Chamberlain - 6 Had some very nice touches and his interplay with Welbeck early on was masterful. Struggled to have a great impact after that. Can tell his intelligence level is above some of the other players though.

Gerrard - 6 Some decent deliveries but I thought he was poor as an actual midfielder.

Parker - 6 Not bad off the ball, wank in possession. No surprises, he does his destroyer job pretty well but he is painfully limited.

Young - 3 Anonymous. Need far better in that link role - would be tempted to put Rooney there when he gets back. Young's all about end product rather than consistency and building possession so he's better out wide.

Welbeck - 6 Has superb link up at times, and you can easily see the potential. Still a bit rough around the edges and got bullied when up top by himself.

Dull match where both teams settled for the draw. Ox was good, Milner makes my eyes bleed - then he brought on Henderson.

Lescott's goal was the best scarred finish i've ever seen. Mainly as Ribery doesnt head much.

So grim, but good result. I actually agree with Carragher in that France have been wildly overrated in the run up to the tournament. We were poor but don't have the means to do much more than we did to get a result. They have the individual talent but not the cohesiveness or aggression to get the best out of them. They'll be out in the quarters imo.

Ref wasn't as bad as being made out, just cheating c***s like Young didn't get decisions they usually would in the Premier League.

Missed loads of professional fouls on our players as they broke.  Missed cards to players like Ribery and particularly Cabaye...  Had a stinker.