The England Thread

Pilko

After the season he's just had I can't imagine him not performing this time round.

Scored 35 goals last season.

Going into 2010 he had just scored 34.  :lol:

Bit unfair pulling shit from two years ago to make him look daft.

Guest MrSundlofer

Congratulations for winning over Sweden. We where shit. Reminds me of Greece sometimes, no speed whatsoever. Playing a central midfielder as a left winger  :hmm:

Rooney's problem 2010 was the injurey that he got in the Bayern match, though. Never got back to form after that. Ferguson played a big part there, playing him in the 2nd leg of the Bayern tie despite him being nowhere near fully fit.

After the season he's just had I can't imagine him not performing this time round.

Scored 35 goals last season.

Going into 2010 he had just scored 34.  :lol:

He's a far better player now in a lesser side, though. And he's come back from a year of pretty poor form.

Course you know all the above.

Rio and Terry were absolutely superb together during the World Cup.

I remember Sweden's 2 goals in 2006....you clearly don't. And then we played Trinidad, Ecuador and a 10 man rearguard action against Portugal with Owen Hargreaves clearly our best player. Funny how time disguises reality. England were shocking that tournament with only Ashley Cole, Hargreaves and maybe Joe Cole emerging with any credit.

I remember Sweden's 2 goals in 2006....you clearly don't. And then we played Trinidad, Ecuador and a 10 man rearguard action against Portugal with Owen Hargreaves clearly our best player. Funny how time disguises reality. England were shocking that tournament with only Ashley Cole, Hargreaves and maybe Joe Cole emerging with any credit.

Campbell was starting in the back four against Sweden, though iirc.

Edit: Just checked it, he came on for Ferdinand after 56 minutes.

Campbell was starting in the back four against Sweden, though iirc.

Edit: Just checked it, he came on for Ferdinand after 56 minutes.

Came on as sub, for Ryan Giggs.,

Sorry, how does Ferdinand not emerge with credit? He was heroic against Portugal and barely put a foot wrong in the rest of the tournament.

Sorry, how does Ferdinand not emerge with credit? He was heroic against Portugal and barely put a foot wrong in the rest of the tournament.

Because , in my opinion, he didn't deserve any. His best game was the Portugal one, but to say heroic about his performance is  stretching it somewhat. He was mediocre versus the Swedes, and had fuck all to do against Paraguay or Trinidad or to a lesser extent Ecuador.

Do some folk on here keep a database of random players' performances or summik?

Need to make sure it's cross referenced with comments made by posters about players in case you need reprimand them about a point which happened ages ago and that is totally irrelevant at a later date.

Because , in my opinion, he didn't deserve any. His best game was the Portugal one, but to say heroic about his performance is  stretching it somewhat. He was mediocre versus the Swedes, and had f*** all to do against Paraguay or Trinidad or to a lesser extent Ecuador.

Sorry, mate. I forgot Ferdinand made the draw for the World Cup.

Do some folk on here keep a database of random players' performances or summik?

Lerl, as if you can't remember the famous Ferdinand campaign of 2006. My cock & wrists were sore well into the spring of '08.

Nah, Google was created in order to find information and pass it off as your own :thup:

According to the papers:

Hart

Johnson Lescott Terry Cole

Walcott Parker Gerrard Young

Welbeck Rooney

That'll do. Young better step it up tomorrow, been really shite so far.

Who the fuck cares?, if we get through tomorrow we are only going to play Spain and go out.

This squad don't have the bottle to beat Spain (assuming we go through) or to win the tournament.

According to the papers:

Hart

Johnson Lescott Terry Cole

Walcott Parker Gerrard Young

Welbeck Rooney

That'll do. Young better step it up tomorrow, been really shite so far.

Really, Young did rather well against France, he just didn't get supplied with the ball nearly as often as much. He was pretty much our only player in the centre of midfield playing other players in.

Who the fuck cares?, if we get through tomorrow we are only going to play Spain and go out.

This squad don't have the bottle to beat Spain (assuming we go through) or to win the tournament.

It's not like it's impossible to win the group man :lol:

Rooney has been shit for England since Euro 2004 against Croatia. Since then he's been guaranteed a place in the line up and hasn't performed anywhere near the level he can.

Welbeck is doing well for us, Carroll scored in his last game, no need to change it upfront in my opinion, it's those creating the chances and paling through the passes in midfield who have been the problem.