The England Thread

Pilko

I like Welbeck but he's done next to nothing apart from his goal and poses almost no threat. Would put Carroll in on Sunday and tell him to wind up their two centre halfs.

That's nonsense that. Didn't play well tonight, like.

What's he done apart from being neat and tidy and generally passing the ball backwards? Distinctly remember him being poor against Sweden before his goal and we did nothing as a team against France. I do like him, but he needs to be receiving the ball much higher up the pitch to be effective which won't happen they way we're playing.

He hasn't even done that. His first touch and link up play has been abysmal.

If we were playing in the opponents half more it would be Welbeck every time, and I still think we should stick with the Man U partnership personally.

The way we played tonight though, the number of times Hart howked it forward particularly in the first half - suggest is might be worth playing Carroll.

Aye, i thought he did alright against France, but really can't seem to find anything that Parker actually does.

Pops up with the odd good challange but other than that he enjoys giving the ball away, oh falls over a lot too.

My biased opinion: we played some of the best football so far in this tournament. We did enough going forward to deserve to go through and suffered from a bad goalkeeper and that fucking Lustig not guarding his post against Ukraine.

And I well and truly hope Z has silenced all his critics once and for all. Best striker in Europe.

My biased opinion: we played some of the best football so far in this tournament. We did enough going forward to deserve to go through and suffered from a bad goalkeeper and that fucking Lustig not guarding his post against Ukraine.

And I well and truly hope Z has silenced all his critics once and for all. Best striker in Europe.

I thought your keeper kept the score down against us tbh.

Milner and Parker are no different to the wank that they were in our horrendous 06-07 season. I can't believe 5 years down they make up half of England's midfield at a major tournament.  :lol:

I said the exact same thing to my pater tonight. They don't look any different.

My biased opinion: we played some of the best football so far in this tournament. We did enough going forward to deserve to go through and suffered from a bad goalkeeper and that f***ing Lustig not guarding his post against Ukraine.

I thought your keeper kept the score down against us tbh.

He made one good save from Terry and one from Gerrard when we had basically lost. He then conceded when Walcott crossed it towards the middle of our goal.

Guest neesy111

Shearer talking fucking shite on BBC now along with the others! 

England have down well so far, but Ukraine were arguably the better team tonight minus front 2.  If we play like that v Italy well get stuffed.

7 points out of 9, very well done to all concerned.

However tonight was easily our worst performance so far. Ukraine must have been ridiculously encouraged by how much we dropped off and almost willed them onto us - they can count themselves unlucky for losing the game.

As far as we're concerned though, we have every chance against Italy.

The big question is simply how much money should I stick on Italy?

Truly woeful performance, no game plan, no cohesion and frail at the back. Ukraine can count themselves rather unlucky not take something from the game.

Looking ahead Italy may well be a more dangerous opponent than Spain. At least against the latter they could sit back and attempt to absorb a fairly constant passing game, it seems to suit England's players a wee bit more. Italy will be far more direct with set pieces and traditional wide men. Also if I were the Italien coaching staff I'd be wanting to fit Giovinco into the side as Scott Parker has been truly embarassing thus far.

Of course I've just realised how negative that sounds, the major postives for England being: a) they're through and b) they can't get any worse.

:lol:

It's ok mate, England will be out before long and you can sleep easy knowing we haven't won.