The England Thread

Pilko

One of the first things Low did when joining Germany:

"and finally a mental coach, Dr. Hans-Dieter Hermann, who has the job of preparing the German players for extremely stressful situations in major tournaments."

Its not magic like. Its no random event that Germany seem cool and collected all the time, we're just morons.

Schweinsteiger was really cool and collected in the CL Final tbf.

I imagine he works with them more when theyre playing with the national team like. Just a wild hunch.

Agreed, it's not as if Schweinsteiger is a senior international or anything and played in any major tournaments.

Some very poor tournaments from players we were within our rights to expect better from in Rooney and Young.

I thought Terry, Gerrard (tonight apart), Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole all did themselves proud.

Agree with that. Lescott was decent too.

Some very poor tournaments from players we were within our rights to expect better from in Rooney and Young.

I thought Terry, Gerrard (tonight apart), Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole all did themselves proud.

Agree with that. Lescott was decent too.

Yeah - agree - Lescott didn't let himself down by any means.

rooney was shit like

Garbage for both games he played, despite the goal. He should have gone off instead of Welbeck tbh.

despite all the hype- you tried to tell them dave.

Guest neesy111

Should be delighted we got to the 1/4's. One of the worst performances I've seen in international football knockout stage.

Germans laughing all the way now to the final.

No hard lines from me here, as we were totally outclassed over 120mins - Pirlo gave a masterclass in the art of the playmaker. For all of the effort and determination, England currently have a poor side with a lack of quality and ingenuity throughout. The amount of money that flows in (and mostly out) or the PL and for to have probably the worst England team in 20 years is nothing short of galling when that is taken into consideration.

Jordan Henderson and Ashley Young, FFS? :thdn: :D

Rooney is one of them players that is world class, but just can't produce it in big games.

Dunno like. Hes some mix of playmaker/striker that just doesnt work unless his sides dominating.

Compared to the Strength & finishing of Shearer hes no where close, Owen was a lot more lethal.

Even Ronaldo has ended up far better at heading the ball.

Wake me up in five years when we stop playing Milner and Young pls.

I know, when I saw the teamsheet I felt numb.

Should've been

Parker

Walcott                    Oxyface(not Milner)

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

:spit:

:mackems:

:lol:

:mackems:

:spit:

What the fuck is this? are you from RTG? :lol: :kinnear:

Somone who's movement is better than Wellbeck and Carroll, and when you look as static as we have this tournament, what's funny?

Reasons on a postcard please

thing is our players are just not good enough- yet many of them are paid the top dollar at thier clubs, and keep geting shown up at international level- they should be ashamed.

Despite it being the Bayern - Chelsea deja-vu, despite it even being the same referee, as soon as it went to penalties, I knew it wasn't Chelsea, it was England in the end. Was always going to be a fail. Sad, disappointing but, looking from a point of view after some time after the match now, did England really deserve to reach a semi final after those 4 performances? Probably not.