The England Thread

Pilko

Carrick would've been the first name on the team sheet for me. Bizarre how he's not a regular.

Agreed. If we want to start dominating games more like the top national sides do, we need a player like Carrick whose natural game is to drop off and pick up the ball. He's a very good footballer- really glad Gerrard's out so he'll get a chance to come in and hopefully stay.

Thought James Milner had a very good game. One of his better games for the national side.

Lampard and Gerrard were woeful in the middle. Cleverly was promising with his forays into the box. Should have scored.

Danny Welbeck by far had the most impact, and I quite liked Bertrand's cameo. Very good player who is rather quietly creeping up into the hype machine.

ITV are getting worse - a disgrace to what they do. :thdn:

They should introduce a "no commentary" feature on the red button. Would work out well for everyone.

My workmate said today that he actually doesn't mind Tyldesley :scared:

Guest neesy111

They should introduce a "no commentary" feature on the red button. Would work out well for everyone.

Man utd fan by any chance?

I remember, years ago, there was a TV pundit strike and it coincided with the Copa del Rey, so all games were broadcast without commentary.

The feedback was so overwhelmingly positive that the pundits went back to work the following day, and they even rebroadcasted some of the games with fake non-live commentary, lest there was any trace left of that blissful moment.

Man utd fan by any chance?

Sheffield United fan actually.

I remember, years ago, there was a TV pundit strike and it coincided with the Copa del Rey, so all games were broadcast without commentary.

The feedback was so overwhelmingly positive that the pundits went back to work the following day, and they even rebroadcasted some of the games with fake non-live commentary, lest there was any trace left of that blissful moment.

:lol: