The England Thread

Pilko

Hodgson is crap too. Honestly, rather have 'Arry. Hodgson waited and waited to make a sub. Reminded me of Pardew.

Absolutely, Harry is a much better manager, putting his personality aside.

Sterling, maybe in a few years. The danger with him is "doing a Walcott" where you rush everything. He needs a huge amount of work on his game, he's incredibly raw and shouldn't be in the squad.

That said, I'm a fan of Walcott and he should definitely be there or thereabouts in the team. If nothing else, he's one of the fastest players I've seen which is always going to create chances.

Sterling, maybe in a few years. The danger with him is "doing a Walcott" where you rush everything. He needs a huge amount of work on his game, he's incredibly raw and shouldn't be in the squad.

That said, I'm a fan of Walcott and he should definitely be there or thereabouts in the team. If nothing else, he's one of the fastest players I've seen which is always going to create chances.

I'm selecting the likes of Shaw and Clyne  in an attempt for us to be rebuilding now. Should have been started post 2010, and we may have built a side ready for 2016. We are 2 years behind now. I agree Walcott should be a focal point now.

I don't know why people still think Oxlade is ready he clearly isn't.

Mentally, physically etc etc he still has a long way to go and the best bit of all right now he has 0 end product.

There is a reason he doesn't start for his club, he is just simply not ready for this level yet.

If Walcott was performing the way Oxlade is you wouldn't hear the end of it of how crap he is and if Oxlade had performed like Walcott has this season he will be gods gift to football.

Dem juicy double standards :megusta:

Oxlade moved to arsenal too soon, he's not getting regular enough football to develop and is too wanted to be let out on loan. Doubt he'll make much in his career because of it, being harsh maybe but don't think he looks like forcing his way into the arsenal squad soon, he should leave.

Oxlade moved to arsenal too soon, he's not getting regular enough football to develop and is too wanted to be let out on loan. Doubt he'll make much in his career because of it, being harsh maybe but don't think he looks like forcing his way into the arsenal squad soon, he should leave.

Agreed.

With the Ox, I think Wenger is wary of the Wilshere situation, where he was over-played at a young age and ended up out for a year with injury. His inexperience shows at times, but his all-round ability is outstanding. He should become one of the best players in the world, and to have him and Wilshere together in England teams for the next 10 years is something to look forward to.

With the Ox, I think Wenger is wary of the Wilshere situation, where he was over-played at a young age and ended up out for a year with injury. His inexperience shows at times, but his all-round ability is outstanding. He should become one of the best players in the world, and to have him and Wilshere together in England teams for the next 10 years is something to look forward to.

Agreed although i don't think he's ready yet, nor am i convinced he's a winger i actually believe Oxlade would be best in a central position.

Tom Cleverly, England regular.  Boy, we are regressing.

He's a crock of shit and Carrick wasn't much better either.

Both were and are miles better than Gerrard.

Not in 10000000000000000000 years.

Agreed although i don't think he's ready yet, nor am i convinced he's a winger i actually believe Oxlade would be best in a central position.

I think he can play in either position, but yes, his future should lie in the middle - basically, in order to give him as much of the ball as possible, and where he can get more opportunities to shoot from long range.

Tom Cleverly, England regular.  Boy, we are regressing.

He's a crock of shit and Carrick wasn't much better either.

Both were and are miles better than Gerrard.

Not in 10000000000000000000 years.

Gerrard is a joke in international football these days, and wasn't much better at his best. I reckon opposition coaches must just piss themselves laughing when they see us shoehorning him into teams.

Sterling had done f*** all, Clyne is very weak defensively and Shaw is about as raw as you can get. All 3 should be nowhere near the England team right now, all 3 need to first of all establish themselves as premiership players.

Caulker is ready, Ox is dangerous, they should be starting.

I'd have Rooney upfront with Walcott, Ox on the right, Wilshere in the middle with a senior player Carrick/Gerrard, the rest whatever is available. Glen Johnson is easily the best RB available, Cole is still the best LB, Hart is the best GK, with the absolute lack of talent on the left I'd probably put Baines there for tough games and try Cleverly there for easier ties.

Just leaves the best fit partner for Caulker, probably Terry but England have f***ed that up.

Hart

Johnson Caulker Terry Cole

Carrick  Wilshere

Ox.                        Baines

Walcott    Rooney

I don't see much of a future here my friends.

Same happens with us.

Roy needs to figure out a system to get the best out of whatever Talent pool is out there first.

Yep, I rate very few of England's players that highly, but I'm sure worse crops of players have performed a lot better than we have for the last decade. I'm not sure I can remember the last time England played well, never mind looked convincing (against a non-part-time team, anyway). Croatia 5-1 was pretty good I guess. 3-2 against Argentina? That was the last match I can really remember enjoying anyway. Point is, there's more to our average-ness than the general mediocrity of the squad. There's enough there to make a decent team that isn't made to look like mugs whenever they play a decent side.

Saying that, I did miss the Brazil game.

• 1 month later...

England squad to play ROI and Brazil.

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, Alex McCarthy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott.

Forwards: Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck