The England Thread

Pilko

Guest palnese

What are peoples' opinions on Walcott? The more I watch him the more I think he essentially lacks a good standard of footballing ability. :undecided:

He's got pace and is a very decent finisher. That's about it.

What are peoples' opinions on Walcott? The more I watch him the more I think he essentially lacks a good standard of footballing ability. :undecided:

Think he's improved massively myself.

He's improved, certainly, but I dunno. His touch doesn't seem that good and I think his pace covers up big weaknesses.

I thought he was another of a long line of young English players who only really had pace and athleticism going for them, but his final ball and finishing have come on a long way. Quite likable too, IMO.

He's improved, certainly, but I dunno. His touch doesn't seem that good and I think his pace covers up big weaknesses.

Definitely but it's such a weapon it still makes him very good, he uses it well too - especially for Arsenal. He may well have a field day this season with Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsay on the supply line.

As Palnese alludes too, he's a brilliant finisher and has decent delivery from corners too.

He's no Obertan thats for sure.

That's a given, and he can only aspire to be on Naismith's level.

I like Walcott more and more actually, think he's a very good winger nowadays, albeit nothing very special, bit of a flat track bully, will burn the defence for pace and cause problems, not a bad finish on him either

He's certainly not the striker he wants to be.

This keeper is shite.

Walcott is very good.... his overall link up and ball retention has improved a lot over last year also has is hold up play.

He also makes extremely good runs off the ball which forces defences backwards, something England don't seem to take advantage of. ( probably due to lack of vision compared to Arsenal midfielders)

Those who say he's just pace and a decent finish are doing him a grave disservice.