The England Thread

Pilko

that was really just the abridged version. I'm gonna start on the novel itself some time tomorrow, I might give you a taster this time next week. I can't give too much away but let's just say there's a twist at the end when I turn the tv on and see the scorer was infact Adam Johnson, not Andy who the reader thought it was all along.

alright I've already said too much, no more questions!

There was no aggression in Rooney's game tonight. Whether it's physical or mental I don't know.

On the positive side, despite one or two iffy individual performances, I thought the shape of the side looked very good, with everyone comfortable in their role. With Milner suspended and Walcott possibly out, he might restore Lampard but personally I wouldn't. The 4-4-1-1 is working well.

Adam Johnson and Routledge on the wings. Sorted :aww:

I'd rather have Routledge there than SWP. Comfortably.

Talksport just reported that Capello has confirmed he is quitting after Euro 2012.

It's just been on Sky News, they also claim it's confirmed by him.

Good decision. No-one can be expected to take the shit that's come his way indefinitely, and stay sane. He can give it his all for the next two years, and then bow out - hopefully on a high.

Can't post Sky Sports link as on iPhone, but here are the quotes:

"Absolutely. Yes," he said when asked whether he would be leaving after Euro 2012, repeating the assertion to make sure everyone understood.

"We have to qualify first of course but after that I will be too old.

"I want to enjoy my life as a pensioner."

Guest neesy111

Talksport just reported that Capello has confirmed he is quitting after Euro 2012.

Good decision. No-one can be expected to take the shit that's come his way indefinitely, and stay sane. He can give it his all for the next two years, and then bow out - hopefully on a high.

I'll take that Shit for £5M a year, and so will the vast majority of football fans in this country tbh.

Or it will be like when everyone knew sven was leaving after the tournament and we were shit and same with france when domenech was leaving and they were shit.

Although were always crap in tournaments anyway so it wont make much difference, i would just prefer stuff like this to be kept quiet and then just leave rather than announce it nearly 2 years early

I'll take that Shit for £5M a year, and so will the vast majority of football fans in this country tbh.

I'll let the FA know you're in the frame, mate.

Or it will be like when everyone knew sven was leaving after the tournament and we were s*** and same with france when domenech was leaving and they were s***.

Although were always crap in tournaments anyway so it wont make much difference, i would just prefer stuff like this to be kept quiet and then just leave rather than announce it nearly 2 years early

England didn't suffer when Bobby announced that he was leaving, I think it depends on the manager being able to retain the players respect.