Pilko

------------------Hart---------------------

Johnson---Cahill---Jagielka---Cole/Baines

----------------Gerrard--------------------

-----Henderson-------Lallana------------

-----------------Sterling-------------------

--------Rooney----------Sturridge--------

IMO the top 11 for you guys.

They'd have a huge problem going past their group with a line-up like that. I know many like Henderson, but there must be someone better there. Always found him extremely average and even when I watch him in this winning side he doesn't impress me.

I just think a team like that plays right into Uruguays strength.

agree, i think having henderson in there just plays into the opp hands as he's not really a threat...you can't have him and gerrard not threatening the other team, which is what that would end up with

Uruguay plays with three centre mids that are tactically conservative and very defensive. They usually rely heavily on their fullbacks and strikers to create for them. I think playing Gerrard and Henderson sill make it easy for them. I really like Lallana, but think he'd cause more problems in a more advanced role like at Southampton.

Has England been playing a 4-3-3 lately or 4-4-2 like always?

also funny how barkley isn't ready but people have sterling as their number fucking 10 :lol:

he's come good these last few months but he's not been pissing it all season, people seem to forget

I wouldn't say Barkley has been pissing it all season either.

also funny how barkley isn't ready but people have sterling as their number fucking 10 :lol:

he's come good these last few months but he's not been pissing it all season, people seem to forget

I wouldn't say Barkley has been pissing it all season either.

i didn't, but then who has? 

i'm arguing in favour of playing him ahead of henderson or another "known quantity"...youth and unpredictability vs. steady away not likely to do much of anything

as stated, i also feel henderson will revert back to looking more ordinary when out of liverpool's system

Wouldn't mind seeing Neil's view on Barkley's fitness. Under Martinez he always seems to be in and out of the side, subbed on/off. You'll see him have a storming game then the next match he'll be on the bench. A lot of quick games in succession in that heat and my worry with Barkley is if he has the engine and fitness in him to come through it?

Wouldn't mind seeing Neil's view on Barkley's fitness. Under Martinez he always seems to be in and out of the side, subbed on/off. You'll see him have a storming game then the next match he'll be on the bench. A lot of quick games in succession in that heat and my worry with Barkley is if he has the engine and fitness in him to come through it?

It's possibly just Martinez protecting him. He's spoken about it in the past.

Is Gerrard really the best holding midfielder you've got?

Why play with a holding midfielder? It's pointless in international football in 2014. Gerrard's the best option to sit deep and concentrate on playing the better pass.

Is Gerrard really the best holding midfielder you've got?

Why play with a holding midfielder? It's pointless in international football in 2014. Gerrard's the best option to sit deep and concentrate on playing the better pass.

:thup:

Is Wilshere out for this? A trio of Gerrard, Wilshere and Lallana could easily work letting Lallana play a bit more advanced.

We all know Lallana will be put on the left wing and told to stay there. Thus nullifying his best attribute.

You seem like a a good lad but this sounds like a load of crap relayed from something you heard on the bus.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Can't understand anyone posting a team without Barkley in it tbh. Madness.

Think you are over hyping Barkley a bit yes he has played very well this season and scored some good goals but he's still very young making the cross decision and giving away the ball cheaply. Give him a few more seasons and he has the potential to be an England starter but for this World Cup i think its a bit too early.

Couldn't disagree more, he has the look of a big game player to me. Also the finished article? I've been watching England groom 'finished articles' for more than 25 years and it's never done us any good whatsoever. If the alternative was much better than Henderson then yeah, but it's not. Henderson will get laughed off the pitch at a world cup man, if they even bother to consider he's there.

Where would you fit him in the first 11? Rooney is already occupying his best position

We all know Lallana will be put on the left wing and told to stay there. Thus nullifying his best attribute.

You seem like a a good lad but this sounds like a load of crap relayed from something you heard on the bus.

:lol:

TBF there's a lot of parallels between being a Newcastle fan and being an England fan, one tends to compound the other.

TBF there's a lot of parallels between being a Newcastle fan and being an England fan, one tends to compound the other.

Agreed.

Can't understand anyone posting a team without Barkley in it tbh. Madness.

Think you are over hyping Barkley a bit yes he has played very well this season and scored some good goals but he's still very young making the cross decision and giving away the ball cheaply. Give him a few more seasons and he has the potential to be an England starter but for this World Cup i think its a bit too early.

Couldn't disagree more, he has the look of a big game player to me. Also the finished article? I've been watching England groom 'finished articles' for more than 25 years and it's never done us any good whatsoever. If the alternative was much better than Henderson then yeah, but it's not. Henderson will get laughed off the pitch at a world cup man, if they even bother to consider he's there.

Where would you fit him in the first 11? Rooney is already occupying his best position

Same as Kanji posted with him instead of Henderson. I'd have the same front three as well, tell them to interchange who takes the wide forward spots and rotate between Sterling and Rooney for the '10'.

I don't know why you'd feel nervy like?

I'd go with all four of the English Liverpool front 6, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge. Probably Rooney and Welbeck in there.

100% agree. And I'd like to see Rooney play as a striker and not wander around the pitch ball hunting.

:lol:

Nah I just don't see him being afforded the freedom he gets at Southampton is all. And I don't go on the bus :lol:

I'd go with all four of the English Liverpool front 6, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge. Probably Rooney and Welbeck in there.

I rate him but just feel he's a bit inexperienced to be in from the start at international level just now. Probably the best of our options given he can play with Gerrard in a title challenging team. Just feel he's comfortable at Liverpool, he knows his role to a tee, familiar faces around him... We'll see. Great turn around for him if he does start the first group stage game. Couldn't have seen that happening when he first signed for Liverpool.

I rate him but just feel he's a bit inexperienced to be in from the start at international level just now. Probably the best of our options given he can play with Gerrard in a title challenging team. Just feel he's comfortable at Liverpool, he knows his role to a tee, familiar faces around him... We'll see. Great turn around for him if he does start the first group stage game. Couldn't have seen that happening when he first signed for Liverpool.

I think there are better options that Henderson, and Sterling doesn't look ready for the step up to an international tournament.

Sturridge might get found out as well, but he is a threat so has to be given the chance.