The England Thread

Pilko

If we went into the season with Cisse and Welbeck as our main strikers - we'll get relegated i'm sure of it.

And i'm a massive Danny Welbeck fan.

On another note: By exciting, attacking young players all you actually mean is - they are unproven. 4 years ago people said Ashley Young was an exciting player because he played well against PL defences. As soon as he started playing regular CL football and international football his card got pulled. Half the players mentioned - cards will get pulled over the next couple of seasons.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we went into the season with Cisse and Welbeck as our main strikers - we'll get relegated i'm sure of it.

And i'm a massive Danny Welbeck fan.

On another note: By exciting, attacking young players all you actually mean is - they are unproven. 4 years ago people said Ashley Young was an exciting player because he played well against PL defences. As soon as he started playing regular CL football and international football his card got pulled. Half the players mentioned - cards will get pulled over the next couple of seasons.

I agree with you if we were to have Wellbeck and Cisse up front for us, unless the latter found his scoring feet again!

RE Young, for me he joined the wrong club. He should have stayed at Villa being the main man, scoring and creating. He has regressed simply because he has been played in numerous positions or roles and hasn't played regularly. He was a very good player at Villa, much better than what he has become at Man Utd. Man Utd have had a habit over the years of actually suffocating talent. Rooney to a degree, Nani etc.

You are right though, a number of them will not develop, but all of them as of now have potential and that means they have a chance.

So who's getting injured tonight? I'm going with Glen Johnson

You wish

When the other options appear to be centre back John Stones, centre back Phil Jones, centre back Chris Smalling, grafter come nothing player James Milner and king of the scousers John Flanagan it's a concern.

Should get an idea of who's starting vs Italy. You'd imagine Woy would start as close a team as possible to that.

Fully expecting one of, if not both, Welbeck and Milner. :anguish:

Has to be shopped...can't imagine anyone would do that.

I really hope it is.

Stop being a hippy fanny, it's all grown back now. Mate just text me this on another flight...

http://i58.tinypic.com/351tuue.jpg