The England Thread

Pilko

Guest thenorthumbrian

In a month's time Danny Welbeck will be a national laughing stock.

Well. he'll fit in nicely with the rest of the overated dummies.

What's all this talk of a striker being given the job of stopping Pirlo?!

Man, England just need to pick a threatening side, and go out and play. Pirlo has been befuddling all kinds of marking for years. I doubt some defensive front man is going to stop him. Horrendous if true.

What's all this talk of a striker being given the job of stopping Pirlo?!

Man, England just need to pick a threatening side, and go out and play. Pirlo has been befuddling all kinds of marking for years. I doubt some defensive front man is going to stop him. Horrendous if true.

He won't actually go for that will he?

BBC - England will give a fitness update on Danny Welbeck on Wednesday after he emerged as a potential injury worry for Saturday's World Cup opener with Italy.

The Manchester United striker, 23, is said to have a thigh problem following a training session at England's Urca military base headquarters on Tuesday.

If he is ruled out, it will increase the chances of Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling facing the Italians in Manaus.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27789874

We can hope...

BBC - England will give a fitness update on Danny Welbeck on Wednesday after he emerged as a potential injury worry for Saturday's World Cup opener with Italy.

The Manchester United striker, 23, is said to have a thigh problem following a training session at England's Urca military base headquarters on Tuesday.

If he is ruled out, it will increase the chances of Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling facing the Italians in Manaus.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27789874

We can hope...

Why is it even a question about Stirling (and Barkley)? What are we so afraid of?

Guest Craig-NUFC

Seems like the England camp are more interested in how Italy are playing rather than how they're playing themselves.

Guest firetotheworks

I like Welbeck, off the ball especially, but I'm definitely in the 'just go for it ffs' camp.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't wait to see Barkley like. Really think he's going to be even better than the hype would suggest.

Guest firetotheworks

Will they be allowed in? There was no samba or drums or anything at the Brazil match.