The England Thread

Pilko

It must hurt you, that.

:lol: Not as much as it would hurt you to see Ireland qualify

Just another foreign country to us. No different from any other. You can't say the same about us.

Not another foreign country to Ronaldo, he fucking hates Ireland :lol:

I'm fairly sure you're flattering yourself somewhat there

I'm not and I'd say he would probably admit he hates Ireland or at least has a dislike for Ireland

I'm a proud Brit and obviously react to anti-British nonsense from the Irish but I really don't dislike Ireland more than any other European country.

I love Father Ted too and some of that was actually filmed in Ireland, so goes the rumour.

There you go triggs. Just as I said. It's a fact of life that England or Britain are far more important to other nations than they are to us. Everybody and everyone raises their game to play us.

Are you serious? :lol: That must be why you can't win anything, because teams raise their games against you, not because your players aren't good enough :lol: fuck sake

Also, I don't see how that has anything to do with my opinion that Ronaldo dislikes Ireland

We've already established he doesn't dislike Ireland and that he finds  Ireland as inconsequential as any other Englishman. We though are the major  object of you're ire. You're much like Middlesbrough. As a country I mean.

When have I ever expressed any dislike for England on here. If pulling you up on some ridiculously arrogant comments is expressing my dislike for England, then I'm sorry :lol:

As a country I meant somewhat obviously.  Not you personally.

Not anymore I'm afraid as much as you want to be disliked by us. Irish people really don't care about England anymore for the most part

Rightho.

Not at all, I don't have a problem with England.

But can't be having someone basically saying "We finished bottom of our World Cup group without a win because we're too good."

And how can it possibly be a historical thing when you have won bugger all in 50 years?  Didn't even qualify for the World Cup back to back in the 70s and in 94.

Im sure it's to do with us English actually inventing these games. Association Football,  Rugby Union and League and Cricket. It's where you see the most not hatred but a raise of their games by opposing countries..

You'd appreciate what Im saying if tarmacking became an International competitive sport. [emoji6]

When you've got 5 nations so closely linked, and only 1 of those actually qualifies for tournaments, I imagine it is a factor in the growth of the already gargantuan chip on the shoulders of citizens of the lil' nations.

Im sure it's to do with us English actually inventing these games. Association Football,  Rugby Union and League and Cricket. It's where you see the most not hatred but a raise of their games by opposing countries..

You'd appreciate what Im saying if tarmacking became an International competitive sport. [emoji6]

Wrong country, mate.  I'm Northern Irish and also a proud Brit.

But can't be having someone basically saying "We finished bottom of our World Cup group without a win because we're too good."

And how can it possibly be a historical thing when you have won bugger all in 50 years?  Didn't even qualify for the World Cup back to back in the 70s and in 94.

Not see the footage of the magical Magyars celebrating around Wembley after destroying England 6-3 in 53?

Maybe the Danish side doing the same in 83?

It's always been a big thing to beat England.  You yourself beat us at Windsor Park and then celebrated like you'd won the World Cup. Would you have celebrated in such a fashion after beating say Poland or Belgium? Would you fuck

Wrong country, mate.  I'm Northern Irish and also a proud Brit.

Wasn't talking to you.

When you've got 5 nations so closely linked, and only 1 of those actually qualifies for tournaments, I imagine it is a factor in the growth of the already gargantuan chip on the shoulders of citizens of the lil' nations.

And add the historical factor as an added source of jealousy then Paddy/Jock/Taffy is your uncle.

As I already said, people in Ireland don't have a negative view of England anymore but the reason for Ireland disliking England in the past was nothing to do with football

As I already said, people in Ireland don't have a negative view of England anymore but the reason for Ireland disliking England in the past was nothing to do with football

Ive had Irishmen celebrate beating the UK in Eurovision ffs. We know it's not just football.

Ive had Irishmen celebrate beating the UK in Eurovision ffs. We know it's not just football.

Oh I know but semtex was trying to say that one of the reasons Ireland disliked England was because England usually qualify for tournaments while Ireland don't which isn't the case

Aye I'm sure it's not a factor at all, getting to watch your television go England-centric for every tournament, whilst your nation led by a generically named Irish man falters yet again.

Not see the footage of the magical Magyars celebrating around Wembley after destroying England 6-3 in 53?

It's always been a big thing to beat England.  You yourself beat us at Windsor Park and then celebrated like you'd won the World Cup. Would you have celebrated in such a fashion after beating say Poland or Belgium? Would you fuck

We celebrated beating Spain more tbh.  And just as much when we beat the likes of Sweden and Denmark when we almost qualified for Euro 2008.

We're shit, but our fans are second to none so we go mad anytime we beat a half decent team. :lol:

Aye I'm sure it's not a factor at all, getting to watch your television go England-centric for every tournament, whilst your nation led by a generically named Irish man falters yet again.

It really isn't a factor. And RTE doesn't go England-centric at all. There is a bit of talk about England but more about Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina etc.

We celebrated beating Spain more tbh.  And just as much when we beat the likes of Sweden and Denmark when we almost qualified for Euro 2008.

We're shit, but our fans are second to none so we go mad anytime we beat a half decent team. :lol:

But it was more than beating a half decent team, it's beating your bigger neighbour. Lower league players playing against players they don't come across often especially these days. It's different with Northern Ireland anyhow. Most people there would rather stuff the Republic than stuff England; would they not?

Most people there would rather stuff the Republic than stuff England; would they not?

Of course, it's always been that way as it's a heated rivalry that stems from a number of things outside of football.

You'd be suprised at how many people from here that actually support England at major finals.