Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest palnese

"There is absolutely no direction, the players are demoralised..."

Aye. Oba totally said that like. He's a right eloquent fucker.

This is what he said at the press conference. (These are actually Jar-Jar Binks quotes)

About NUFC: "Weesa all sinking and no power. Whena yousa thinking we are in trouble?"

"Mesa here! Mesa gettin' berry, berry scared!"

"My forgotten, da Bosses will do terrible tings to me TERRRRRIBLE is me going back der!"

[putting on Wolfsburg shirt] Wait! Mesa eyeball stuck in the sleeve!

;D ;D

Guest neesy111

The Oba V Owen debate looks like a score draw to me with both players joining clubs that won there domestic leagues.

if owen had been in contract, there would of been no-1 interested in him

The Oba V Owen debate looks like a score draw to me with both players joining clubs that won there domestic leagues.

:rolleyes:

What a shite statement that is, how exactly do you know that huh?  I guess you have the phone numbers of every single manager out there and have personally asked them.

Deary me.

What a shite statement that is, how exactly do you know that huh?  I guess you have the phone numbers of every single manager out there and have personally asked them.

Deary me.

Think Man Ure would have paid £8mill for Owen?

What a s**** statement that is, how exactly do you know that huh?  I guess you have the phone numbers of every single manager out there and have personally asked them.

Deary me.

8 million for a 30 year(?) old?  Er no, that isn't exactly the same as no club would pay a transfer fee for him is it?

A scenario no poster on here can prove.  It's a speculative statement with no logic to it.

Besides Man Utd are paying at least 3 million a year for Owen i would imagine.  When they have good young players like Macheda pushing for starts.

What a s**** statement that is, how exactly do you know that huh?  I guess you have the phone numbers of every single manager out there and have personally asked them.

Deary me.

Hull would have, for starters.

Deary me.

That's why Michael Owen will be playing for the English champions and Martins has gone to Germany.

Deary me.

That's why Michael Owen will be playing for the English champions and Martins has gone to Germany.

No club would have played 9 million for Owen because its just a poor investment based on these last four years. Not even United. They have only signed him on an arrogant risk. I think both Oba and Michael will do significantly better than they did here, but I think Owen's United career will be short.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11898_5492567,00.html

Saturday's late game then saw reigning champions Wolfsburg seal a 3-1 win at Cologne.

They left it late before turning on the style, with Fabrice Ehret opening the scoring four minutes into the second half.

Wolfsburg trailed until 17 minutes from time when Edin Dzeko bagged an equaliser.

A Pierre Wome own goal (74) and a late strike from substitute Obafemi Martins (87) then wrapped up a convincing success.