The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

OK, am I missing something here? I've never bet on boxing so I'm not sure.

Mayweather is 1/5 to win the fight tonight, a big favourite. He's now 1/2 to win on points. He's 25/1 to win in Round 1, Round 2... Round 12, etc. So if I whacked a quid on each round, isn't there a really decent chance of doubling my money? Obviously the alternatives are a Mosley win and a points win for Mayweather, but surely a KO is vaguely likely tonight.

That was 33/1 for each round earlier on today btw, so it was more like almost trebling your money.

OK, am I missing something here?  I've never bet on boxing so I'm not sure.

Mayweather is 1/5 to win the fight tonight, a big favourite.  He's now 1/2 to win on points.  He's 25/1 to win in Round 1, Round 2... Round 12, etc.  So if I whacked a quid on each round, isn't there a really decent chance of doubling my money?  Obviously the alternatives are a Mosley win and a points win for Mayweather, but surely a KO is vaguely likely tonight.

That was 33/1 for each round earlier on today btw, so it was more like almost trebling your money.

Those odds are really strange.  Much higher than I've seen before.  Perhaps Mayweather's not known for knockouts?

EDIT: One knockout in last 5 bouts, and that spans over 5 years.

OK, am I missing something here?  I've never bet on boxing so I'm not sure.

Mayweather is 1/5 to win the fight tonight, a big favourite.  He's now 1/2 to win on points.  He's 25/1 to win in Round 1, Round 2... Round 12, etc.  So if I whacked a quid on each round, isn't there a really decent chance of doubling my money?  Obviously the alternatives are a Mosley win and a points win for Mayweather, but surely a KO is vaguely likely tonight.

Those odds are really strange.  Much higher than I've seen before.  Perhaps Mayweather's not known for knockouts?

EDIT: One knockout in last 5 bouts, and that spans over 5 years.

Cheers mate, I kind of thought as much.  I still think it's worth a punt mind but I've lost loads of money today so what do I know.

One of the matches on my accy is Gent-Truidense, but upon checking this match doesn't seem to exist today, on my skybet account it says it's being played today.

Hmmmm

Gent seem to be playing Kortrijk :dontknow:

Yeah it doesn't make sense, there aren't any other Belgian fixtures today either. All my other picks have won (Salzburg are the last ones, 4-1 up), will I still get my money?

They appear to be playing Truiden on Wednesday so you'll have a nice little wait on your hands.

Skybet have paid out now for some reason, the date of the gent match is 01/05/2010 on there, looks like they've fucked up there.

So far so good

Birmingham

Spurs

Man City DNB

Remaining legs

Real Madrid

Bayern

West Brom

Chelsea DNB

Reckon ive got this?

Bayern Munich? Played yesterday and won mate.

My usual end of season random selections:

Coventry @ 2.10

Coventry v Watford

Draw @ 3.30

Derby v Cardiff

Sheff Utd @ 3.25

Ipswich v Sheff Utd

Leicester @ 2.10

Leicester v Middlesbrough

Draw @ 3.30

Plymouth v Peterborough

Draw @ 3.40

QPR v Newcastle

Swansea @ 1.53

Swansea v Doncaster

Sheff Wed @ 2.25

Sheff Wed v Crystal Palace

Nottm Forest @ 2.40

Scunthorpe v Nottm Forest

Reading @ 1.70

Reading v Preston

West Brom @ 1.40

West Brom v Barnsley

Blackpool @ 1.44

Blackpool v Bristol City

50p returns £7,552.78

Going to whack something on beforehand and dabble in-play as things progress.

One thing: Cagliari v Udinese, the draw on Skybet is 4/6. Cag 5/2, Udi 10/3. Eh?

Going to whack something on beforehand and dabble in-play as things progress.

One thing: Cagliari v Udinese, the draw on Skybet is 4/6. Cag 5/2, Udi 10/3. Eh?

I don't bet at all, but even if I did I wouldn't touch Serie A with a bargepoll. Notoriously 'peculiar' results on the last few rounds of matches.

So happy I've stuck to what I've said that I wouldn't bet again this season (Champions League aside). Was just about to drive to the petrol station and get me a paysafe card to put money on my bet365 account but drunk 2 beers now so I'm not allowed to drive anymore.  :lol:

£7.22 on West Brom, Reading and Chelsea DNB, with some in-play dabblings to follow. In-play, at last!

Midds: aye that's a fair point, on the same list Sampdoria, although they should be favourites at home to Livorno, are 1/8. Hmm. :lol: