Dismissed by Redknapp SSN

Denied or what?

Jim White

Harry Redknapp has dismissed reports he has bid 10mil for Sebastian Bassong

NUFC Officials

We have rejected a bid of 10mil from spurs

?

Battle of the liars.

They've probably bid £5m and we've accepted it.

Denied or what?

Jim White

Harry Redknapp has dismissed reports he has bid 10mil for Sebastian Bassong

NUFC Officials

We have rejected a bid of 10mil from spurs

?

I'm sure it went:

Harry Redknapp: I can not talk about players I'd like to sign as that would be wrong, but I'd really like to sign Bassong and I know he's desperate to join us.

"It is not true. Not since I have been here today," he said.

"He is a player that I was interested in. I like Bassong, he is a young player with a good future and a good central defender.

"I don't think we have made an offer as far as I know. I am sure the chairman has not made an offer."

I'm sure it went:

Harry Redknapp: I can not talk about players I'd like to sign as that would be wrong, but I'd really like to sign Bassong and I know he's desperate to join us.

"He is a player that I was interested in. I like Bassong, he is a young player with a good future and a good central defender.

"I don't think we have made an offer as far as I know. I am sure the chairman has not made an offer."

HAH. Get some new lines droopy.

I'd want £15m at the very minimum, with clauses inserted to bring the deal up to £20m or more if he does well.

He's not worth that, but this is a young centreback (22 compared with e.g. Lescott who's 26, or Haageland who's 28) with everything in his locker to be an excellent defender at the higher levels, having just had a good debut season in the Premiership. The two positions that all good teams are always reluctant to sell their players in are the goalkeeping positions and centreback positions, and the price needs to reflect this, as opposed to reflecting our bitterness at being relegated. We know first hand how difficult it can be to find a good, Premiership calibre centreback with intelligence, composure and physique in his game, at a good age with suitable top flight experience, and a reliable fitness record. So take the suitors to the cleaners if they want him.

£15m. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come off it.

It's insanity. He's not even worth ten. 22 year old who's been relegated three times. While perofrmed really well, there were still very obvious flaws in his game. He made alot of mistakes on is own as well. How many central defenders have gone for 20 million pounds in the history of football? Can't be many.

That must go down as denial of the century.

That must go down as denial of the century.

Your just reading too much into it tbh.

I'd want £15m at the very minimum, with clauses inserted to bring the deal up to £20m or more if he does well.

He's not worth that, but this is a young centreback (22 compared with e.g. Lescott who's 26, or Haageland who's 28) with everything in his locker to be an excellent defender at the higher levels, having just had a good debut season in the Premiership. The two positions that all good teams are always reluctant to sell their players in are the goalkeeping positions and centreback positions, and the price needs to reflect this, as opposed to reflecting our bitterness at being relegated. We know first hand how difficult it can be to find a good, Premiership calibre centreback with intelligence, composure and physique in his game, at a good age with suitable top flight experience, and a reliable fitness record. So take the suitors to the cleaners if they want him.

£15m. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come off it.

It's insanity. He's not even worth ten. 22 year old who's been relegated three times. While perofrmed really well, there were still very obvious flaws in his game. He made alot of mistakes on is own as well. How many central defenders have gone for 20 million pounds in the history of football? Can't be many.

Of course he's not worth that much. But neither are plenty of players going for ridiculous fees nowadays.

Point is that we should be asking for a ridiculous fee, because given his age, physique and performance levels in the Premiership, that would be the going rate for someone of that calibre/potential. How much did Curtis Davis go for when he was with West Brom? £8m? £10m? I know he's English and hence there's an inflated price, but he never at any staged looked anywhere near as good as Bassong imo.

Guest Vincent V

Superb delusion 

Guest Vincent V

I wouldn't accept any less than £12m plus a player in todays market

NUFC are not in position to hold out for an inflated fee for him.  If there has been a bid £10m it should of been accepted..

NUFC are not in position to hold out for an inflated fee for him.  If there has been a bid £10m it should of been accepted..

See if citeh are interested yet, could get few more million out of them

This owner, no. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes though.

So its true then. About 2 days before he signed Crouch he was telling the world that because of the high salary and lack of chance of a sell on fee, it was highly unlikely that they would be signing him.

He really is a predictable and detestable cunt at times  :harry:

Why's that then?, because we have to get his £5,000 a week off the wage bill ???  There's no reason for us to be desperate to sell a player like Bassong.

Guest dover

Why's that then?, because we have to get his £5,000 a week off the wage bill ???  There's no reason for us to be desperate to sell a player like Bassong.

:clap: finally some sense

Superb delusion 

Agreed, attitudes like this are quite unbelievable. Here we are with the whole country marvelling at the factthat Lescott is "worth" 20mill and someone wants the same for Bassong. :frantic:

If Bassong ever demonstrates that he is a "Premiership calibre centreback with intelligence, composure and physique in his game, at a good age with suitable top flight experience" then I'm quite sure ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool will be offering 30mill for his services .

I sometimes wonder if some posters here have ever actually watched the game?