Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

• 3 weeks later...

Way Eliott has been doing no need to rush him back and risk further injury

Hopefully Krul has been watching the way Eliott finds one of his own players when releasing the ball.

Way Eliott has been doing no need to rush him back and risk further injury

Hopefully Krul has been watching the way Eliott finds one of his own players when releasing the ball.

Absolutely. Krul's the better keeper but Eliott's distribution is head and shoulders above Krul's.

Am I the only person who thinks Elliot hasn't really been tested? :lol:

I'm convinced he's a great keeper, don't get me wrong, but he hasn't had to pull shots out of his arse like Krul has.

I'm always expecting him to drop a massive bollock, so far he's avoided doing so, I never feel that way with Krul other than when he's got the ball in his hands.

I am more nervous with Elliott than with Krull, particularly from crosses into the box. However Elliott has done nothing to suggest he's a liability in any way, and his distribution is even helping us. His confidence must be really boosted by this spell, and I don't think we need to risk bringing Krul back early.

Elliot hasn't been massively tested but made a few decent catches or stops, need to see the Anzi freekick again but saw a shot earlier that looked like he actually got a really important touch, plus the Eto'o low drive through players last week showed very good reactions.

One more thing is he is very quick off his line, a few times (one of two were offside anyway) he was out and stopping the attacker before they were through one on one.