Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest palnese

Never bothered to learn how to kick a football. I don't really care if he had some shite coaches over the years. That's all on him.

Would guess it's because we don't want four keepers training with the first team squad at the same time, and the other three are ahead of him in the pecking order atm.

Seems harsh on him though.

I'd trust that it's been done for footballing reasons; which could be related to his injuries over the last couple of years. Either way, not sure why it would be seen as harsh, we don't know how he looks during training, could be slower than Steve Harper these days.

He's part of a crew which helped prop up Pardew's tenure, along with Coloccini and co. I have little sympathy.

He once had huge potential.

That said, we need a new keeper very soon.

What does this even mean? How did he prop up Pardew's tenure?

Well, I'm coming from the stand point of the rumours at the time. There were loads of stories that Coloccini, Jonas, Cabaye and Krul were trying to push out certain members of our squad; Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Mbiwa and Santon.

TBH Krul should already be gone. We extended his contract by a year in the same way we did Sammy's a year earlier, hoping a loan deal would produce a buyer - both times we've ended up lumped with the player for an extra year.

It as probably just a case that Rafa hasn't seen the desire from him to get back into the squad.

Compare him to De Jong, who is practically begging to be back in the fold.

I wonder who's idea it was he go out on loan?  If Krul told Rafa he didn't want to play in the Championship again and asked to be loaned out maybe Rafa has some hard feelings.  If Rafa wanted to send Krul out one can only assume that Krul has done something to piss him off.

Maybe he is getting a chance, but he's just not ready to play the pre-season games.

He's training with the reserves

I know, just could be because he needs training and isn't ready to be with the first team. Dunno.

He was on training pics earlier in pre-season with the first team though

I wonder who's idea it was he go out on loan?  If Krul told Rafa he didn't want to play in the Championship again and asked to be loaned out maybe Rafa has some hard feelings.  If Rafa wanted to send Krul out one can only assume that Krul has done something to p*ss him off.

More likely told him that he wouldn't be able to step straight back into the team after he recovered so a loan was a better option than sitting on the bench for the whole season waiting for Sels to fuck up or get injured.

In hindsight it might have been better to wait it out.

Everything doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory. Rafa obviously rates our other keepers higher. Krul was playing poorly before he got injured two seasons ago. I doubt he's improved after being out injured for a season and then only getting half a season of starts in the Dutch league. You can't have 4 goalkeepers training with the main squad. Thanks for the good times Tim but I don't feel sorry for him. He's on good wages. There's no room for sentiment and quite right too.

Some kid off twitter who got his pic taken with Krul today claims he overheard Krul on the phone saying he had told Rafa to f*** off and that he deserved better after 10 years of service.

Very much doubt its true as he doesn't come across that type of bloke but you never know.

Where's this information come from?

Local journalists tweeted or mentioned in article

If its only reported by one journalist  i don't see it as a big deal tbh , Krul knows the deal and seems fine with it so chill

Some kid off twitter who got his pic taken with Krul today claims he overheard Krul on the phone saying he had told Rafa to f*** off and that he deserved better after 10 years of service.

Very much doubt its true as he doesn't come across that type of bloke but you never know.

One for the braindead twitter lies thread I reckon.

One for the braindead twitter lies thread I reckon.

That was where I originally planned to post it tbh.

naah. met krul a couple of times. he's a nice pleasant down to earth lad. doubt he's gonna tell rafa to fuck off.