Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I said after about 8 games that he is the best keeper in league (with a few rough edges).

It's one of my pet hates the way people go on about Reina, IMO Krul is equally as talented.

and yes he has been the best keeper in the league this year, by some distance.

Getting bigged up as a potential POY on Sunday Supplement now.

I notice they were saying earlier that it would be great for football if Van Persie stays at Arsenal. I wasn't watching earlier, did the same principle apply to our best players or were they trying to sell them all?

Sunday supplement, i suspect a few people on here have the same view of it as i do.

A bunch of clueless, talentless wankers, who only ever talk about the big clubs.

Fuck me, they were saying Crouch should be starting for England earlier.

Sunday supplement, i suspect a few people on here have the same view of it as i do.

A bunch of clueless, talentless wankers, who only ever talk about the big clubs.

f*** me, they were saying Crouch should be starting for England earlier.

Aye, its a disgusting show which does nothing but boosts the ego's of a few talentless morons. Hated it when I had Sky Sports.

Don't get me wrong, i still watch it. Only because i will watch anything about football though.

:lol:

Same here. :blush:

Alot of football fans deserve better than what Sky produce. I do like Goals on Sunday though, far more honest show.

Needs to set up a mannequin in the middle of one half, go to the goal at the other end of the pitch with a bag of 100 balls, and practise hitting the dummy's head. An hour after training every day. His kicking is rubbish and we concede a chance a game from one of his long balls.

Needs to set up a mannequin in the middle of one half, go to the goal at the other end of the pitch with a bag of 100 balls, and practise hitting the dummy's head. An hour after training every day. His kicking is rubbish and we concede a chance a game from one of his long balls.

Genuine question but are there many keepers with good distribution? There are a few but we always seem to have 'poor' kickers despite changes in personnel from players to coaches and I am starting to think it's probably quite common but we don't notice it so much when it's not our team. 

Genuine question but are there many keepers with good distribution? There are a few but we always seem to have 'poor' kickers despite changes in personnel from players to coaches and I am starting to think it's probably quite common but we don't notice it so much when it's not our team. 

Dunno really. For me, his technique's just all wrong.

Just a disclaimer before i go on - i know i consistently lay into Krul for this. I think he's an excellent young goalkeeper and i'd like to see him as our number 1 for as long as possible. He has terrific instincts and masses of potential.

... but yeah. It's the technique with his kicking. There's no need for it to go into orbit every time he plays the ball forward. It's either ridiculously high, so the defenders/keeper have an age to judge where it's going to land, or it's wayward - making it near impossible to control. Then there's the sporadic, once-every-couple-games, kick where it goes near nobody and out for a throw-in.

It's very frustrating to watch.