Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest TruToon94

To be fair to him I do think he's got quality. Not to the level of Given but he is very good. To be honest though he has such a poor defence in front of him and has done for a number of years that little mistakes that every keeper makes are very costly for him. Compare the likes of Hart for Man City whose mistakes aren't always costly thanks to how superb they are in front of him. Anybody whose ever been in goal even for Sunday League can tell you there's nothing worse than having a shite defence.

That Tottenham game last year though...  :sweetjesus:

To be fair to him I do think he's got quality. Not to the level of Given but he is very good. To be honest though he has such a poor defence in front of him and has done for a number of years that little mistakes that every keeper makes are very costly for him. Compare the likes of Hart for Man City whose mistakes aren't always costly thanks to how superb they are in front of him. Anybody whose ever been in goal even for Sunday League can tell you there's nothing worse than having a s**** defence.

That Tottenham game last year though...  :sweetjesus:

Tbf Given played behind just as bad, if not worse than what we have now. And for a very long time too :)

Im not that fussed about Krul now to be honest, apart from the Spurs game I dont think hes done anything other than what any other Keeper would of done in the past couple of seasons. I do think hes a good keeper mind, but wouldnt be bothered if we sold him and gave Darlow a go next season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lacks competition and a poor coach, that and he's always going to face more danger than most 'keepers due to Pardew and a relatively poor defence.

Krul has been decent. There is only so much he can do with the shit in front of him, Colo and Willo especially.

Not for the last 18 months or so he hasn't. Far too many of the goals conceded - while involving other defensive errors - are partially down to bad keeping.

• 1 month later...

So what would our back five be with the current injuries?

Elliott

Colback/Anita    Williamson  Colo    Haidara

??

Guest Geordiesned

Raylor in at right back if Janmaat doesn't make it I'd imagine, even if the docs say he's not ready. He'll be like a new signing.

Two full backs that can't defend, 2 CBs who cost us goals left, right and centre, and a GK about as athletic as a 3 piece suite.

We're fucked regardless. Had more points on the the board, at this stage, the season we went down. We've had 6 really nice fixtures and taken 4 points from them. Krul, Elliot, it doesn't matter. We're about to embark on a run where we lose every single game for about 6 weeks off the bounce. The bloke picking it out of the net is irrelevant.