Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Happy for him, hated that gamesmanship though. That's just me and I don't really want to re-ignite a debate, not least because I seem to be in the minority.

O0

Agreed.

Good saves, went the right way for all of them, but antics left bitter taste for me as well.

He may well be called on again against Argentina imo.

As for his future, we shall see but I have my doubts we will see him again for us.

Mentioned on the radio last night that several of the Costa Rican players were left-footed and with Krul being left-handed, that could also have been a factor in the decision.

I think he used to do OK with penalties with the reserve and youth teams but certainly has a poor record since being first choice.

Luckily for us, Ochoa and Navas are the goalies that seem to be up for grabs for the big clubs.

I'm so proud of Tim, though. Not normally a huge fan of him but last night was amazing. It felt different to seeing Debuchy, Sissoko and Tiote play - Tim is practically one of us. They'll probably be the only World Cup minutes he'll ever play :lol:

Happy for him, hated that gamesmanship though. That's just me and I don't really want to re-ignite a debate, not least because I seem to be in the minority.

I agree with you, was really poor imo.

Guest firetotheworks

http://i.imgur.com/Vjs0sJE.jpg

That's nonsense tbf, he paced backwards and forwards each time. He didn't walk to one side at all. Can't stand year one semester one psychology bullshit like that.

That amateur psychology about Kruls penalty saves is utter bollocks like, the players would/should have decided in advance where they were going to place their shots. Very much doubt they would decide just before they set up to take it.

The skinny is this - he studied where they shot, he practiced for 7 weeks (apparently) on penalty kick saving technique, waiting until final possible moment, and he talked some shit to the players to try and get in their head before they took it. He made 2 great saves. That massive image posted above is terrible :lol:

Just thinking in  a pretty shitty and dire season for us this lad broke the premiership record and was the hero at a world cup quarter final, despite his poor season he's still one of those players too good to be playing for us.

Very proud of him last night. Keepers do all sorts to get into the kick-takers mind, I didn't see anything wrong with what he did. If I was the kick-taker, it would piss me off massively but getting the psychological advantage is a huge part of a shoot-out and I thought that Costa Rica crumbled.

Very proud of him last night. Keepers do all sorts to get into the kick-takers mind, I didn't see anything wrong with what he did. If I was the kick-taker, it would piss me off massively but getting the psychological advantage is a huge part of a shoot-out and I thought that Costa Rica crumbled.

I think the fact he was brought on kinda threw costa rica off a bit, they have been practicing penalties and their entire strategy last night seemed to centre around getting to the shootout and they weren't as good as the previous round

Brilliant player cam vid of wor Tim here: http://nos.nl/wk2014/video/671414-playercam-van-een-ontketende-krul.html

Hope this content plays for you outside of NL. Well worth a watch :celb:

On the so-called Playercam the intensity' date=' passion and almost intimidating way Curl Costa Rican penalty takers met acted, good to see. The cast apparently paid off, as the Costa Ricans did not decide on the unleashed Curl.[/quote']

Unleash the Curl!