Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Nah it's nothing to do with that, but you can't think doing that in a derby literally five minutes after the guy has scored, is acceptable?

Krul said he patted him on the back to tell him he was a lucky ????? Something which he said he couldn't repeat on TV.  He didn't pat him on the back to congratulate him, it sounds like it was to get him to turn around to talk to him.

It was a stupid thing to do yes, am I going to get my knickers in a twist over it? No. Maybe I don't have enough passhun.

Nah it's nothing to do with that, but you can't think doing that in a derby literally five minutes after the guy has scored, is acceptable?

I don't think it is acceptable no, that's why I said it was a stupid thing to do. Demba Ba laughed when he scored an own goal in this fixture ffs. I just think there are a lot more things to get wound up about with regards to this football club.

Tim Krul in a football is just my job shocker. Not sure why this kind of behavior shocks anyone anymore.

Aye.  Eleven jobbers on the field today.  Happy to get their cash, will be told they were great by the equally jobbing coaches tomorrow.  Might even get the day off.  Could you imagine the likes of Kevin Nolan congratulating the opposition for their wonderful play in a derby game.  No hunger left in our squad at all.

He should have been in the dressing room shouting at the shower of shit in front of him; but no, he was still in the tunnel waiting for teary eyed Defoe to appear.

Regardless of what he said or why, the fact is he should have been racing down the tunnel to get in the dressing room to try and help sort out the shite that we'd produced in that first half. Priorities all wrong.

I was pretty much done with Krul when he started tub-thumping for Carver to get the job a few months ago. He was the last, he was the last one I thought "hope he doesn't go" when looking at the squad. Now? He simply doesn't give a fuck, none of them do.

Fuck him and fuck the rest of them. I'd barely raise an eyebrow if an ISIS nuclear warhead landed on the training ground tomorrow morning. 

Tim Krul in a football is just my job shocker. Not sure why this kind of behavior shocks anyone anymore.

Aside from the fact you rarely, if ever, see this type of nonsense from good players, you'd hope someone who's been here a decade and claims to love the club wouldn't act like that.

One thing a good manager instills is a winning mentality.  If you want to compete at the highest level you need that will to win, you need to want to compete and I just don't see that with our team.

One thing a good manager instills is a winning mentality.  If you want to compete at the highest level you need that will to win, you need to want to compete and I just don't see that with our team.

They don't have to win, we're almost guaranteed to be in the division next season so it's as good ad job done.  Our players don't have any ambition for this season and they don't have any motivation so we're not going to compete, we certainly don't have a good manager to change that.

I don't really care about this tbh, it was a bit annoying and misguided but I think he was just congratulating Defoe on a great goal and it obviously looked really bad.

It was pretty pathetic the way Carragher was prattling on about it like he was Al Pacino in Scarface.  Think Quinn was closer to a sensible POV, keepers are always a bit weird.

Carragher, with very limited talent, spent his career winning stuff by demanding high standards of himself and those around him.

To winners, acting like a smirking and giggling willing loser probably does look a bit strange.

Carragher, with very limited talent, spent his career winning stuff by demanding high standards of himself and those around him.

To winners, acting like a smirking and giggling, willing loser probably does look a bit strange.

Yep. :thup:

Sends out entirely the wrong message about himself and the club. Little things matter.

I agree it was ill advised and I'd have hoped he would have thought better but it's not the end of the world

None of our players have a winner's mentality, that runs deeper than the odd dumb act not throught through proper

To winners, acting like a smirking and giggling, willing loser probably does look a bit strange.

Aye I agree that there's a bit of value in that but I'm pretty sure he was mainly saying it to sound big and hard and that on the telly tbh.

Pundits have a pop at fans for treating these games like wars and not having a sense of perspective, they can't really have it both ways in that respect.

It was daft and it shouldn't have happened but I personally wouldn't accuse Krul of not giving a fuck.  Think he's definitely become lazier the worse we've got though.

I've always thought he was one of the few that could be pinned on as being committed to the club, a player who came through with us and felt like a long term figure despite his recent poor form the last season or so. But that today was a fucking disgraceful act, and really shows the mentality that is inherent throughout the entire club. There really is nothing redeemable left.

I have no qualms or issues with anyone on here having a go at anyone associated with Newcastle United after today's showing and this season as a body of work. There are a few exceptions from a few stand out players overall but I'm not defending them today.

It's obvious Krul has very little personal pride shown by the fact he's been happy to sport that shite haircut for the last 10 years.

People saying its not a big deal or missing the point. It's only a little thing but it is a microcosm that defines the current state of the club. Thats a player thats been with the club a decade, one of our most senior and symbolic characters, congratulating the opposing striker for banging one past him in a fucking derby. It's ludicrous.

Aye I agree that there's a bit of value in that but I'm pretty sure he was mainly saying it to sound big and hard and that on the telly tbh.

Pundits have a pop at fans for treating these games like wars and not having a sense of perspective, they can't really have it both ways in that respect.

It was daft and it shouldn't have happened but I personally wouldn't accuse Krul of not giving a fuck.  Think he's definitely become lazier the worse we've got though.

That's the by-product of zero squad depth and zero competition. He's safe, he's comfortably well off, he has no competition and the manager is happy to accept mediocrity. He no longer gives a single fuck, he's golden, he's bullet-proof, he can do what the fuck he likes, fuck standards, fuck ambition, fuck drive and morals, he'll do what the fuck he wants.

He can fuck right off.