Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Considering the amount of pens we've conceded since we were promoted, saving just two of them is fucking pitiful.

I haven't counted, but I'd wager in 4 and a half seasons (so maybe 200ish games in all comps) we've probably given away about 40-50 pens, the vast majority of which Krul will have faced.

Considering the amount of pens we've conceded since we were promoted, saving just two of them is fucking pitiful.

I haven't counted, but I'd wager in 4 and a half seasons (so maybe 200ish games in all comps) we've probably given away about 40-50 pens, the vast majority of which Krul will have faced.

Get away man. :lol:

:lol: I've just done a quick count and in the league since 2010/11 we've conceded 25 in the league, and off the top of my head I can recall about 4 or 5 in other comps. I was a bit over in that prediction but I think I may be skewing it by thinking of the relegation season where we conceded about 10 or 11 in the league.

Don't think we've had a league penalty this year

Cisse Man Utd is the only one we've had for an age IIRC.

Didn't watch that game so forgot about that one :lol: Riviere's in the cup is the only other one I can think of for a while

Get away man. :lol:

I make it 25 in all comps.

• 2 weeks later...

He was fantastic today, until Abeid hung him out to dry. I don't put that one on Krul at all.

Really? It was shocking by Abeid I'll admit but Krul has to just put his foot through it instead of slicing it 6 yards.

He was fantastic today, until Abeid hung him out to dry. I don't put that one on Krul at all.

I agree. The way the ball came at him, it was right under his feet and he had to get rid of it somehow, right away.

Really? It was shocking by Abeid I'll admit but Krul has to just put his foot through it instead of slicing it 6 yards.

Look I know Abeid is the forum's golden boy at the moment, though why I'll never understand, but you can't expect much from a keeper when the ball is fired into his feet, completely by surprise, with strikers bearing down like that. Would it have been nice if Krul pulled off a better clearance to absolve Mehdi of his atrocious mistake? Fuck yeah. But it's certainly not a given, and Krul's mistake was bred out of Mehdi's colossal fuckup. Not to mention that he made 3 or 4 top notch saves to keep us in the game through 87 minutes of pure shit ahead of him.

This one is on Abeid, no doubt about it. Put it out for a fucking corner instead of testing Krul's first touch and kicking ability by fucking surprise.