Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I always new Tim would be a great keeper.

on:Wednesday 14 November 2007, 09:18:13 AM »

QuoteModifyRemove

The only priority situation we have concerning keepers, is to make sure we do not lose Tim Krul, going to be a top top keeper that young lad is!!

Hope he'll play against Germany tonight. Great expierence for him it would be. :thup:

Would rather watch that than the England game.

It'll be decent I think. There are some goals in it as it's just a friendly. Well, not if Tim is playing, obviously. :lol:

It's a shame about Forster really. I honestly don't think he has a future here. The potential is there, no doubt but his pre-season performances really damaged his claim to be the number 1.

Can probably say that Krul is well ahead of Forster and I think it might be best for all parties that he stayed at Celtic/move elsewhere.

It's a shame about Forster really. I honestly don't think he has a future here. The potential is there, no doubt but his pre-season performances really damaged his claim to be the number 1.

Can probably say that Krul is well ahead of Forster and I think it might be best for all parties that he stayed at Celtic/move elsewhere.

:thup: Said it all along, couldn't see us keeping onto both. Having Given/Harper for so many years spoilt us, no chance we were going to pull that off again. Shame that he couldn't make it with us, but wish him the best of luck if/when he moves on, which I expect will be at the end of the season. Also wouldn't be surprised to see it be made permanent with Celtic in January or something.

8 goals conceded in 11 (league games) and two of those were pens

:notworthy:

As Leazes said, its funny people rated Forster even higher not so long ago, wasn't even 12 months ago as well, a few on here wanted Forster as no. 1 this season.  :laugh2:

Got a link? Can't even remember what I posted about it tbh, other than that we wouldn't be able to keep them both.

There were definitely posters who were saying things like Forster should be Nr. 1 or be ahead of Krul - who should go out on loan to get some match pratice.

Going by this thread only three people wanted Forster as number one this time last year, posts brought on by an error by Krul. One of those people infamously started a thread called 'Joke Enrique'. :razz:

I'm happy to admit I was one of the people who thought Fraser had more potential than Krul. I think the pre-season showed the folly of my thought process, Forster look terribad. Krul has been outstanding since claiming the first choice tag, he's a keeper for sure, hope we can match his ambition because his head is going to be turned sooner rather than later.

As Leazes said, its funny people rated Forster even higher not so long ago, wasn't even 12 months ago as well, a few on here wanted Forster as no. 1 this season.  :laugh2:

12 months ago Krul had been ok but a little shaky. Was prone to flap and the back four had looked nervous, while Forster was seemingly having a better time. His position in the 1st team at Celtic was secure and he was playing well. It was probably quite reasonable to want Forster here and given a chance.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul's come on a lot as a goalie. Even towards the end of last season he was making some costly errors I thought would take longer to eradicate.