Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest chopey

I still believe he is the best goalkeeper we got and i feel bad for the way he is being treated at the moment, he deserves better.

I agree and with his reputation with us and with what he's done for Holland I can't believe nobody has took him off us which leads me to believe there is something else going on with him

If there are plenty of teams wanting Krul why don't they bid for him? They aren't willing to pay a fee for him? Krul's turned down all offers?

I still believe he is the best goalkeeper we got and i feel bad for the way he is being treated at the moment, he deserves better.

Rafael Benitez doesn't agree with you. I'll go with Rafa's opinion considering he sees Krul in training and will have had detailed reports from Krul's time on loan.

He seems a very likeable lad and i feel bad for him in the fact that injuries seem to have decimated his abilities. However, there's no room for sentiment in football, especially at the moment when we've got a loads of unwanted s**** clogging up the squad.  As someone else mentioned, he'll be on good money here and if he wants to play football he's probably gona have to take a pay cut, it all depends on which one is most important to him i suppose.

If there are plenty of teams wanting Krul why don't they bid for him? They aren't willing to pay a fee for him? Krul's turned down all offers?

Rafael Benitez doesn't agree with you. I'll go with Rafa's opinion considering he sees Krul in training and will have had detailed reports from Krul's time on loan.

Same situation as with Lazaar, although he and his representatives have been working hard on trying to get a move (which seems to be working), whereas Rafa continuously has to go to the press and tell Krul to piss off as there is seemingly no movement on his side.

He probably thinks he can play at a higher level than the Championship like

Aye, not saying that is his only destination, if he want back to Holland for example his wage would probably be similar there.

As I said, there are plenty of teams out there that would be willing to take him as he would undoubtedly improve them.

Not even close

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, he's hardly a bad person for wanting the best deal he can get, like. I don't feel sorry for him either, but don't just think he should just go to any team that'll have him.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be that he's hanging around hoping for another shot at first team action later in the season. It's not like we've brought in another goalkeeper who's hands down better than him.

Would be a really sad indictment of Krul's ability if we had a keeper who was better than him with his hands down  :milner:

Apart from get injured what has he done to upset so many people? Always played ok for us. He's been treated quite harshly by the club and supporters. Has he even had a chance to show his worth?

Apart from get injured what has he done to upset so many people? Always played ok for us. He's been treated quite harshly by the club and supporters. Has he even had a chance to show his worth?

This.

Really weird treatment of him, you don't see this at other clubs. Usually, after a long injury he would be on the bench biding his time to get another shot, or, if he's the best option, goes straight back in when fit - why hasn't this been the case? How has someone like Blob outdone him?

Aye some supporters have been harsh on him i think.  He went through some bad form and injuries but i'm sure he looked like he was getting back to his best at the start of the 15/16 season, which seemed to coincide with Woodman leaving.  Then he got injured and hasn't really had a look in since.  That injury seems to have ruined him by the looks of it.

this is from a very good source of mine and I was emailed this in the middle of august...

Rafa doesn’t rate him and thinks he is too opinionated after a decade at the club. That was backed up by an argument at the start of pre-season which resulted in Krul dropping down from the senior squad.

There is a doubt about his shoulder that Ajax and AZ both highlighted last season, but despite that there are clubs interested in him – NUFC want money for him though which has seen a few deals fall down, while Tim has turned down some approaches from overseas clubs as he likes it here and wants to stay in the UK.

The international door also seems closed to him at present, regardless of whether he’s a first team regular anywhere either

None of our keepers have played as well as him and he is very likely still our best keeper. Really don't know why people are so harsh on him

Elliot and Darlow are definitely not better than him.

Well Rafa thinks all our keepers are shit which is the worrying thing.

Of course we've not allowed him to get a new one in. Gonna be so much fun watching whoever in goal repeatedly kicking the ball to the opposition/out of play.

Guest firetotheworks

None of our keepers have played as well as him and he is very likely still our best keeper. Really don't know why people are so harsh on him

Elliot and Darlow are definitely not better than him.

They actually are though, well Elliot is. They're not better than pre-injury Krul, but post injury his form's fallen off a cliff aside from that penalty shootout.

I'm coming more and more around to the idea of playing Woodman now tbh. Rafa has said that it's a matter of when not if, so he might just decide to bring it forward.

Don't get why so many people think they know better than the manager. The manager who's seen Krul up close. Not as if the managers at the clubs he's been on loan at are desperate to have him either.

Don't get why so many people think they know better than the manager. The manager who's seen Krul up close. Not as if the managers at the clubs he's been on loan at are desperate to have him either.

Has he seen Krul up close though? He was injured last summer and binned off to the reserves this summer without a chance. I think it's more likely to be a personality clash

Has he seen Krul up close though? He was injured last summer and binned off to the reserves this summer without a chance. I think it's more likely to be a personality clash

I'm pretty sure Rafa would have watched him in training.