Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

The Bryan/Bobby quotes and heatings on Mexico 86 always makes me chuckle.

RIP Sir Bob a true gentleman and genuine nice guy

would be a different club today  if he had taken over after Keegans 1st resignation

RIP Sir Bobby.  What a gentleman and football will miss you.

There's only one Bobby Robson,

One Bobby Robson,

Walking along, singing a song

Walking in a Robson Wonderland

Telling my brother the news was almost as heartbreaking as reading the text message. This has absolutely crushed me, even though we saw it coming. It's tragic that he'll never see us win again; he'll never see us in the Premiership again; he'll never see us in Europe again......and that trophy never came. To have the club in this state during his final days is diabolical. Such is his warm personality, everywhere seems to have adopted Bobby as one of them; but at the end of the day he's one of us. And he'll be missed like hell. No matter how dark the day, seeing his face or hearing his voice instantly made people happy again and not many people can do that. 31st July 2009: the day we all feared.

Sir Bobby Robson. Hero.

Still cant believe this came so soon. :weep:

Someone on TT suggested the charity match might have given him that one last thing to fight for, and now he's said his goodbyes he's gone. :(

I think it's quite a common theme. A lot of ill people make it through one last christmas with the family and then pass away peacefully in the new year.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1739057,00.html

31 Jul 2009

Sir Bobby Robson Passes Away

NEWCASTLE United were deeply saddened today to learn of the death of Sir Bobby Robson at the age of 76.

Sir Bobby, who managed Newcastle United from 1999-2004, had bravely been battling cancer for a number of years and only last Sunday had enjoyed a hugely successful charity game at St James' Park.

United Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "Sir Bobby was one of the game's true footballing legends, a unique, passionate man who gave so much to the game.

"He will be enormously missed by the whole football community worldwide and we extend our sincere condolences to his wife Elsie and family.

"We may never see his like again."

Anyone wishing to lay tributes to Sir Bobby may gain access to St James Park today until 5pm and Saturday/Sunday 9am - 5pm via the Tunnel access at the North West Corner of the Stadium.

United players and staff, upon hearing the news, held a minute's silence at the Training Ground this morning.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still cant believe this came so soon. :weep:

Someone on TT suggested the charity match might have given him that one last thing to fight for, and now he's said his goodbyes he's gone. :(

They keep showing him smiling and waving to everyone from that day. He shakes this ballboys hand, and its like a huge generation gap between them sharing a common love of the Toon, its pure class.

RIP Sir Bobby.  What a gentleman and football will miss you.

There's only one Bobby Robson,

One Bobby Robson,

Walking along, singing a song

Walking in a Robson Wonderland

I'm sure we'll get a chorus of that belted up against Reading.

Still makes me laugh

"Do you have any nicknames, what do your teammates call you?"

"Shola."

"What does your manager call you?"

"Carl Cort"

Some of the clips BBC News are showing make me smile too, to see him having so much fun within the game throughout his career, even when he came to the Toon. They keep showing the training session in the snow and he's having the time of his life.

If is the biggest word there is. If I had wings I could fly to the moon.

- Surely you'd like to be there come the end of the season though?

What, the moon?

Classic, classic Sir Bob.  :lol:

"Bobby Robson does a jig of delight on the touchline and then remembers he's almost 69"

So many happy memories :)

brilliant stuff from him. he's gonna b soo missed.

BBC showed a few clips of the Sir Bobby game at the weekend, saying he was advised against going, but insisted he went. Such a strong character and determination. I'm sure come the first home game this season they'll be a mark of respect for him again, official or otherwise.

i wonder if the current regime will have the dignity to say something?  maybe make a donation to his fund?   or will they continue to be invisible and spineless?

The only thing the current regime should do is ensure they leave with more haste, so as not to further damage the Football Club this great man held so close to his heart. This will be fitting tribute enough

This man was an absolute god and a managerial genius

this is the man that turned..Shola,andy obrien,titus bramble,aaron hughes,olivier bernard into champions league footballers

in these last few days of keegan debate theres no comparison keegan was not fit to lace his boots management wise

RIP Bobby we will never see your like again at St James...a true man amongst men you will be sadly missed

Dig deep to support his foundation guys

Guest cidade de deus

A true gent.

Condolences to all Geordies from Liverpool.

Would have loved to see him lift that World Cup in 1990, great memories of a great man.

Guest Lets Dance

On the day SBR passes away just a real shame the club is in a much much worse shape than when he left it.

RIP, a real old school gent.