Fraser Forster joins Brist.. er Norwich City on loan

stozo

Well forgive me for being from the Westcountry and therefore having a completely different perspective on that joke to the rest of you :razz:

Moving on, my Uncle is still a season ticket holder and I could find out how he's been getting on if people ask nicely.

How many "pieces of eight" did the ticket cost?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1780321,00.html

28 Aug 2009

Magpie Stopper Joins Canaries On Loan

By Craig Hope

FRASER Forster has joined League Norwich City in a one-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old goalkeeper recently enjoyed a successful loan stint with Bristol Rovers where he kept two clean sheets during the opening five matches of the season as The Pirates climbed to fourth in League One.

And with the Canaries travelling to Hartlepool United on Saturday, Forster is set for a quick return to Victoria Park where, just last Tuesday, he was part of a Rovers side which claimed a 2-1 victory.

Confusing.

Why wouldn't they extend his loan at Bristol then?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1780321,00.html

28 Aug 2009

Magpie Stopper Joins Canaries On Loan

By Craig Hope

FRASER Forster has joined League Norwich City in a one-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old goalkeeper recently enjoyed a successful loan stint with Bristol Rovers where he kept two clean sheets during the opening five matches of the season as The Pirates climbed to fourth in League One.

And with the Canaries travelling to Hartlepool United on Saturday, Forster is set for a quick return to Victoria Park where, just last Tuesday, he was part of a Rovers side which claimed a 2-1 victory.

Confusing.

Why wouldn't they extend his loan at Bristol then?

Fan favorite keeper coming back from injury I presume.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

From a guy who follows Norwich on another forum:

I'm almost certain Forster will be good enough to be your number 1, whether other people prevent him from being so is another matter, but he's already clearly at least Championship standard, so if Krul is better (in which case you're a very lucky club) you'll be able to sell Forster either now for a million or so plus hefty add-ons, or in a year or 2 for more than that.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turns out to be too good for you, I'd put my life's savings (unfortunately currently a minus figure) on him playing regularly in the premiership within the next 3-5 years, and I'd say he'll most likely play for England.

\o/

Either him or Krul will be sold in the summer. No room at the club for both. Will be hard enough trying to convince one of them to stay patient for the number one shirt nevermind two.

Or if we have any sense he will remain on loan to Norwich in the championship, seems the most senisble solution.

Guest Stephen927

From a guy who follows Norwich on another forum:

I'm almost certain Forster will be good enough to be your number 1, whether other people prevent him from being so is another matter, but he's already clearly at least Championship standard, so if Krul is better (in which case you're a very lucky club) you'll be able to sell Forster either now for a million or so plus hefty add-ons, or in a year or 2 for more than that.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turns out to be too good for you, I'd put my life's savings (unfortunately currently a minus figure) on him playing regularly in the premiership within the next 3-5 years, and I'd say he'll most likely play for England.

\o/

Encouraging. The goalkeeping situation with Krul and Forster needs to be handled very carefully.

Either him or Krul will be sold in the summer. No room at the club for both. Will be hard enough trying to convince one of them to stay patient for the number one shirt nevermind two.

Or if we have any sense he will remain on loan to Norwich in the championship, seems the most senisble solution.

Good point. If we are going to sell a keeper I would rather it was Harper tbh and let Krul and Forster battle for the no 1 shirt for the next decade. Harper has been a steady servant to the club but these two are rising prospects and I wouldn't want to lose either and watch them become stars somewhere else.

Guest The Enforcer

Received a similar review from a Norwich fan on another forum I post on.

In response to me asking if Forster was the main reason behind the clean sheets or whether it's just because their defence is a cut above the rest of the league.

Forster  :smitten:

It's been abit of both really. When we were scraping wins at home a month or two ago it was because of him. He has made some truely world class saves in his time here, at crucial moments. You have a potentially top class keeper on your hands, a possible England international. Hughton would be a mug if he was to sell him. I would love if we were to have him back on loan for another season, but I really doubt it. A goalkeeper to fill in for him next season is a must.

Krul has already said that Hughton hinted at him that he could be the Nr.1 next season (if I remember correctly).

Think Harper has done very well this season and should be given a chance next season. If he won't be up to that level he should be dropped and shouldn't be played because he's a "senior player" or a "good lad".

Are fans of a League 1 team a good judge of what is top class? If the Championship is anything to go by the standard in League 1 will be miles away from Premiership standard.

I see no reason to sell Forster or Krul. Forster is contracted until June 2014 and Krul is contracted until June 2011 according to: -

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/squad.html

Loan one out for next season to a Championship club and have the other one as cover for Harper.

Guest Phil K

Are fans of a League 1 team a good judge of what is top class?

Not just Norwich fans raving about Forster.

He's talked of as the main reason (along with their manager) of their surge since their day 1 disaster v Colchester

Harper number 1 next year, thank him for his service, then push Krul & Forster. They're not going to stay around for ever.

Sounds awful, but I agree.

No room for sentiment in football these days

Guest The Enforcer

Are fans of a League 1 team a good judge of what is top class? If the Championship is anything to go by the standard in League 1 will be miles away from Premiership standard.

I see no reason to sell Forster or Krul. Forster is contracted until June 2014 and Krul is contracted until June 2011 according to: -

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/squad.html

Loan one out for next season to a Championship club and have the other one as cover for Harper.

It's not that long ago Norwich fans were watching Premiership football. And to be fair, a good save is a good save at the end of the day. Being able to judge a goalkeeper in more depth ie. positional sense and command of area, has little to do with what level of football your team plays at, more your own knowledge and grasp of the game.