WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Whats with all the Smith comments? He's never come across as being a bad personality or influence, and has a reputation for being a model pro. As a central midfielder, granted he isn't a great player, but he isn't as slow as Geremi, and doesn't try as many suicide passes as Butt. If you actually watch him during a game he doesn't give the ball away very often at all and will add bite that is a big part of Championship football.

As a partnership, him and Barton should work well as they compliment each other while both sharing an aggressive nature. I would pick:

Harper

R Taylo    S Taylor      Kadar      Enrique

Lua Lua    Smith          Barton      Duff

Ameobi        Carroll

Smith should have been the first out of the door. In any position he's the most useless pointless player i have seen.

Im suprised we wouldnt put Smith up front if we have to play him. (as it appears we have to) We are short on strikers anyway.

Are we definatley not playing Colo with Taylor?

Harper

R Taylo    S Taylor      Kadar/Colo      Enrique

Jonas        Smith          Barton      Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Looks likely IMO.

Smith should have been the first out of the door. In any position he's the most useless pointless player i have seen.

^ :thup:

:lol: He's captain! Alan Smith!

Can they not hear us when we scream?

As I've been saying for a while one of the biggest myths in football is Alan Smith giving his all and running non stop for 90 minutes. The bloke is an absolute lazy cunt, whose legs have gone and now he's in midfield her barely moves from the centre circle.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ergh, Guthrie injured with a hamstring injury.

EDIT:

Actually, that'll mean Inmanm or Vuckic might be on the bench.

Im suprised we wouldnt put Smith up front if we have to play him. (as it appears we have to) We are short on strikers anyway.

Are we definatley not playing Colo with Taylor?

Harper

R Taylo     S Taylor       Kadar/Colo       Enrique

Jonas        Smith           Barton      Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Looks likely IMO.

That will be it, maybe he'll bring in Ameobi for Carroll but that'll be it.  I wish he'd start LuaLua and Play Ranger up top with Carroll.

I despise a lot of players at our football club at the moment and he's certainly near the top. Like, I said at least Butt's excuse is being old. If his wages were performance related the c*** wouldn't be earning a tenth of his money.

Guest rinaldo #18

Tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if we get four or five injuries tomorrow. I mean, why wouldn't we? It would be perfectly logical.

Smith and Duff. Utter c***s the two of them. Both of the perfect definition of living of past glories. In fact, they've both been retired for three years.

Wages aside, there's not many Championship teams they wouldn't walk into and be their main player. I think some people are forgetting the level we've dropped to.

Smith and Duff. Utter c***s the two of them. Both of the perfect definition of living of past glories. In fact, they've both been retired for three years.

Wages aside, there's not many Championship teams they wouldn't walk into and be their main player. I think some people are forgetting the level we've dropped to.

That's what I keep telling my mates, fair enough our squad isn't good enough for the prem, but with the right man in charge and probably 2 signings we could easily challenge for promotion.  Imo Barton could be the best player in the league this term as well.

That argument is irrelevant because we don't belong in the lower divisions. We've dropped to that level exactly because of them.

That argument is irrelevant because we don't belong in the lower divisions. We've dropped to that level exactly because of them.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

what?

How on earth is that irrelevant? You saying that we don't belong in the lower divisions is irrelevant. The FACTS are that we are in the Championship and everything that happened last season is gone. Those players weren't good enough to keep us in the prem last season, however, we probably have a fair number of players (Taylor, Colo, Enrqiue, Duff, Smith, Nolan, Barton, Jonas, maybe Ryan Taylor, Steve Harper) that would get into the starting XI's of the majority of other championship sides.

its going to be 1-3 to them I reckon

We'll be toothless in attack and disorganised at the back, as usual. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Also why is the game live on the BBC? as in BBC1? on a saturday evening, prime time? I'm not complaining like!

its going to be 1-3 to them I reckon

We'll be toothless in attack and disorganised at the back, as usual. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Also why is the game live on the BBC? as in BBC1? on a saturday evening, prime time? I'm not complaining like!

Because the whole world wants to laugh at us if we get hammered.