Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

My prediction for the weekend,

Bassong is going to keep torres out of the game like. He'll not give him an inch.

He will then be praised, indefinately, by everyone in the media. Shearer will be on MOD claiming how we we're idiots to let him go and that he knew how good he was (cheers like).

He'll become the sensation we all hoped he would be for us.

Every fucker will rub it in our faces and we'll be left feeling like we've been shit on.

Anyway, aye, lets hope Torres rapes him and gets a hattrick.

Conversely,he could get turned by Torres,and he could pull him back,get sent off and Dippers go on to win 8-0.

The commentator on Sky said today he believed it was 8m that could rise to 12m based on appearances, lets hope so :p

Pretty sure that's the deal like.  We turned down an offer rising to £10m originally.

Jol will be on later then, just to make those who haven't watched the game get an update.

Will also clear up the deal for us, obviously it will be £250k rising to £8m if woodgate and king complete 50 consecutive games together, spurs win the champions league and Harry wins a beauty contest.

Guest Heneage

Has he played for Cameroon yet? I know France have Gallas and Mexes but I'd be surprised if Bassong wouldn't make the squad.

Guest Heneage

Has he played for Cameroon yet? I know France have Gallas and Mexes but I'd be surprised if Bassong wouldn't make the squad.

Played last week, didn't you see Jol's unbiased full match analysis?

Can't say I did. I imagine he scored a hat trick to reveal a t-shirt reading "Rises to 8m" before playing bongo's on a group of lepers heads simultaneously curing them in the process. All this before spitting on an Arsenal shirt and mouthing "Wenger est un grand Dick head" to the camera.

Guest Geordiesned

This rule that you can't serve a ban for 2 teams is a joke. It means that if we were to resign Bassong in 10 years he'd still have a 1 game ban to serve for us!

Happy for Bassong tbh. Great player. Just such a shame he ended up at Tottenham. I would suggest people get over his leaving quickly because he is only going to get better and you will end up killing yourselves over the frustration.

I'm just really not looking forward to stupid Tottenham fans now raving over him after rubbishing him when he was first linked with them, because he "got Newcastle relegated"  :rolleyes:. Freakin' cretins.

This rule that you can't serve a ban for 2 teams is a joke. It means that if we were to resign Bassong in 10 years he'd still have a 1 game ban to serve for us!

I thought he served his first match against Villa last season, and his second against WBA last weekend?