The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Beckham's still such a class act mind. It's remarkable just how many times he finds space in dangerous positions, even when everyone in the world knows what's coming.

Guest Heneage

God, Serie A is so boring, isn't it TheManUpstairs.

4-1 Boriello with his second and another bicycle kick, to think they wanted rid of him.

Guest firetotheworks

What a finish that is!

I was cringing at Ronaldinho just then, doing that flip flap even though the defender was about 5 yards away.

Guest Heneage

Penalty Milan.

Utterly horrendous decision by the defender to haul him down there, he was never going to get the ball. Huntelaar  to take it and score, I like him at Milan a club that suits him and really wants him.

Beckham gets a standing ovation, he will do everything in his power to move to Milan I think, he hasn't smiled like that once playing Galaxy, and he knows Milan hold the key to keeping his career going.

Would have been nice to see Crespo stick it to the Milan fans but he's left it way to late.

As I click reply Suazo makes it 5-2 with a good finish.

Guest Heneage

What's that daft song Milan keep playing?

The only one I know of is, called Luci de san siro  by Roberto Vecchioni.

Guest Heneage

Didn't Martin 'Saint' Palermo once miss a hattrick of pens?

Correctamundo, for Argentina agains Columbia in a 3-0 win, if memory serves it was his last game for Argentina before Maradonna recalled him last year.

Palermo still more or less guarenteed to be in Arg squad for WC. From my experience at Boca like he is much loved still.

On a well known video site you can see him score a 45yd header 

The hell...

18. Hertha B.    17  1  3 13  13:39   6

They finished 4th last season. What happened over there?

They sold too many of their good players and sacked their coach far too early. (think it was about 8 games into the season, so he could have turned it around).

After losing players like Pantelic, Voronin, Fiedler, Simunic and Babic it was quite clear they wouldn't be as good as they were last season.