The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

How did Dorrans slip below the radar of the bigger clubs? He's been the best player that I've seen in the Championship this season.

Reminds me of Matt Jarvis from Wolves another 'radar slipper.'

Loads of clubs went & watched MJ at Gillingham but Mick Mc will take a punt on lower league players as we saw with Whitehead & Lawrence @ SAFC & there are stacks at Wolves.

How did Dorrans slip below the radar of the bigger clubs? He's been the best player that I've seen in the Championship this season.

Reminds me of Matt Jarvis from Wolves another 'radar slipper.'

Loads of clubs went & watched MJ at Gillingham but Mick Mc will take a punt on lower league players as we saw with Whitehead & Lawrence @ SAFC & there are stacks at Wolves.

We had a vested interest in Jarvis for a while, but ended up signing Tommy Smith, I think.

Everythings pointing to Palace going down. From the disallowed goal on the first day, Administration, Paul Hart, playing away at the relegation rival on the last day. If any of these didnt happen they would be safe i reckon.

Everythings pointing to Palace going down. From the disallowed goal on the first day, Administration, Paul Hart, playing away at the relegation rival on the last day. If any of these didnt happen they would be safe i reckon.

Agreed

On a side note what a fucking idiot Danns is. Impressed me everytime he's played (know a few palace fans who say he's their best player) and he headbutts WBA player whilst the ref is trying to break them up. I'd be expecting a big fine if I were him for seriously jeopardising their chances.

Excited for Sheff Wed vs Palace now. I love this type of thing (like when it was Sheff Utd vs Wigan on the final PL day a few years ago) and I'm also excited for Man City vs Spurs too. Is that one on the telly?

Alan Irivine could get sacked and relegated in the same season while having a better record than the two managers he was replaced by and replaced. Harsh.

Alan Irivine could get sacked and relegated in the same season while having a better record than the two managers he was replaced by and replaced. Harsh.

Bryan Laws could basically be blamed for 2 clubs' relegations in the same season, what a knob.

Bryan Laws could basically be blamed for 2 clubs' relegations in the same season, what a knob.

I'm half expecting Burnley to sack him and replace with Steve Staunton!

Even though I hope Palace stay up I hope they don't win tonight as it's better viewing if it goes to the decider at Hillsbrough on Sunday.

This. Last day shenanigans are always fun.

Aye there a laugh a fucking minute.....

Reminds me of the the scouse mackems forum having a seperate match thread for every Newcastle game for the last 1/4 of the season. The topic were huge aswell, and 99% were cheering on whoever we were playing each time. I never used to care about Everton, but I do always enjoy seeing them getting turned over now. *Not bitter*

You are a big fish, a big club having a reversal of fortunes so dire as yours was last season is always going to attract a big deal of schadenfreude from other clubs fans. I remember Leeds getting a fair share of ridicule on their time.

and if we would have been relegated in '94 or '98 then it would have been the same kind of reaction from other fans.

Like I'm sure was the case when Man United went down in the 70's and Villa went down in the 80's.

You are a big fish, a big club having a reversal of fortunes so dire as yours was last season is always going to attract a big deal of schadenfreude from other clubs fans. I remember Leeds getting a fair share of ridicule on their time.

and if we would have been relegated in '94 or '98 then it would have been the same kind of reaction from other fans.

Like I'm sure was the case when Man United went down in the 70's and Villa went down in the 80's.

Don't think many people would be interested if Everton went down tbh.

I think I'm right in saying that Everton have never been relegated thus if it ever happened then it would be massive news tbh.

Spent like 3 years out of the top division. Still, they have been close to relegation numerous times and aren't wealthy so it would be no extreme surprise.

I certainly know if we sent them down we wouldn't give a shit.

:fishing:

I think I'm right in saying that Everton have never been relegated thus if it ever happened then it would be massive news tbh.

Last relegation was 1951, Billy. Cumulatively we've had 107 top flight seasons, more than anyone else.

Bollocks.

I remember in '98 a pretty significant amount of Chelsea fans booing their own team because they were winning against Bolton which kept us up.

billy- we have been relegated once iirc but have played the most seasons in the top flight.

Spent like 3 years out of the top division. Still, they have been close to relegation numerous times and aren't wealthy so it would be no extreme surprise.

I certainly know if we sent them down we wouldn't give a shit.

League Champions twice in the 80's. FA Cup winners in the 90's. Would be massive news and a massive shock.

Bollocks.

I remember in '98 a pretty significant amount of Chelsea fans booing their own team because they were winning against Bolton which kept us up.

billy- we have been relegated once iirc but have played the most seasons in the top flight.

Yep, they were wishing Bolton to score like never before, it was incredible.

Mind, that twat Huckerby did his best to single-handedly send us down, iirc.