Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest NewBoyPeetah

his post-match interview was superb  :snod:

This. He didn't let that girl get away with calling him a Liverpudlean (not sure about that spelling)

Would be absolute madness to sell him. Our backups are useless and Liverpool themselves are proof that it is easy to bring in midfielders who contribute very little. We're having a roller coaster season, but how many of the poor results have been with midfielders missing?

He's right to make them, but I fear his comments, and Nolan's, may mean that they're more likely to be on their way sooner than later.

Would be absolute madness to sell him. Our backups are useless and Liverpool themselves are proof that it is easy to bring in midfielders who contribute very little. We're having a roller coaster season, but how many of the poor results have been with midfielders missing?

He's right to make them, but I fear his comments, and Nolan's, may mean that they're more likely to be on their way sooner than later.

I highly doubt we'll find out, but I'd love to know the reaction inside the club to what they said, if any.

I highly doubt we'll find out, but I'd love to know the reaction inside the club to what they said, if any.

Probably be fined.  They like fining the players.

Jesus that interview, its mint. He must have PR assistant working for him or something, hes mesmerizing, i dont care about his past as long as he keeps himself from trouble. I'm really starting to like him a lot, him and Nolan are the leaders of this club.

When does his contract expire? Because, keeping him (and Colo, Jose etc) medium to long term obviously means he'd have to re-sign at some point. What sort of a pay cut would he need to take to stay on- assuming that part of the reason for CH being sacked was to get rid of the high earners? Would he be willing to take that pay-cut to stay at Newcastle under the fat bastard? As Newcastle fans, how much should a player like Joey Barton be earning- same question for the other high earners? If he does love NUFC and his teammates the way he professes to, would he happily earn less here than elsewhere? And what sort of wages would he command somewhere else.

A little captain obvious, but I'd be really interested to hear thoughts on this.

Always good for sound-bite Joey, best interviews in football possibly.

Yup completely agree, he comes across as very intelligent and not one to just regurgitate the usual typical answers footballers give. You can see from his responses that he actually thinks a bit before answering...well done Joey!

I've just seen the interview on ESPN, extremely dignified, humble and you could see it wasn't just for the benefit of the cameras, you could sense his extolment towards Hughton was 100% genuine.

:clap: :clap: :clap: