Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Everyone is to blame for this situation except the fans, and its the fans who'll suffer the most tbh.

Exactly ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done Mike, well done Derek. Also well done Pardew btw. If he really wanted have kept Carroll, if he really wanted to have kept Nolan and, if he really wants to keep Barton yet he's sold, he should probably resign.

I couldn't work with such bastards.

Players can be such knobheads. Owners can be such knobheads.

What a pathetic mess they've got us into. This was an easy summer to improve the team and they've fucked it up.

Sir Bobby wouldn't have stood for this :(

Joey knows people are waiting for his 4pm post, so he's holding out and having a wank over keeping people waiting.

Whatever you might think about Ashley and co, Barton's just got what he wanted.

He's been locked up while under contract, and took premiership pay for championship football. Still sees himself as a martyr.

Guest bimpy474

So just to double check, people think Barton was entirely justified and right to go on Twitter and say what he said?

I think that, yes.

Justified to voice an opinion about his moronic employers.. absolutely..

My employers are mongs and some of their decisions cost lives, if i said anything i would sacked instantly, whistleblower rules apply.

Why should he be any different.

You cannot legally be sacked for whistleblowing.

Yes you can, whistleblowing rules as sent to all of us working where i work, governmental ;)

Well done Mike, well done Derek. Also well done Pardew btw. If he really wanted have kept Carroll, if he really wanted to have kept Nolan and, if he really wants to keep Barton yet he's sold, he should probably resign.

Cannot even begin to fathom the depth of the turd swamp we'd be sinking in if Pardew resigned at this point.  No one in the world would come in.

Guest Heneage

So just to double check, people think Barton was entirely justified and right to go on Twitter and say what he said?

I genuinely don't see what difference it made. If things are this bad behind the scenes then it was going to happen anyway.

It shines a light on the club for one. Who is he to go and speak for everyone? He's not the captain for starters, I'd find it maybe slightly more palatable if Coloccini had made these claims instead of a loud mouthed midfielder who when he was made captain ran round like a headless chicken and argued with refs.

I like Barton the player, but tbh I find Barton the person difficult to deal with. If he was quieter and just got on with his game he'd have a host more England caps and people could have no case against him. He can claim to be a reformed character but for me he's now just causing a different kind of trouble.

His goal for this season should have been, keep quiet play just as well if not better than last year don't get sent off and make it so it's impossible for them to let me go. All he did with his little twitter rant was give Ashley the ammunition with which to fire. I'm not saying I agree with the decision, partly because I don't think Barnetta will come but to say it's all Ashley's fault is really naive in my opinion.

There is a lot more justification for Joey tweeting his opinion than there is listing one of our better players for free. If you really want to punish him, tell him he can't have twitter and fine him or something. That would've been the sensible punishment, if that's what they were looking to achieve.

But, obviously, they're not. They just want to peddle someone on high wages who actually has the balls to speak out.

Yeah, have to admit, what's the difference between what Barton has tweeted, and what Enrique tweeted last week? One has been told he can leave on a free, the other one was given 2 week wages fine. Both essentially said the same thing.

One has been an example on and off the field for many years, the other has never been an example. Joey's had his chances, this was the first time Enrique said something.

They should really just get on with their work. They earn some huge money, and if they're not happy then just leave. MA and DAssias has already shown what they'll do.

All this Barton talk about I LOVE THIS CLUB and so on is tiring and almost as tiring as knowing that we have couple of jackasses running the club. In the end, the club might benefit economically from this all but Ashley will be losing lots of money if we get relegated.

Guest Antec

Everyone is to blame for this situation except the fans, and its the fans who'll suffer the most tbh.

Don't worry, someone will blame the Hull game protests at some point.

:lol:

Cannot even begin to fathom the depth of the turd swamp we'd be sinking in if Pardew resigned at this point.  No one in the world would come in.

it's the beginning of the 2011/12 season, and nufc cant afford to lose Alan Pardew