Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

And Wayne Rooney criticised the Man Utd owners for a lack of ambition and they pulled out all of the stops to keep him when they could have just sold him for £50m+.  We just let one of our best players go for nowt in vaguely similar circumstances.  Other clubs don't do this - we're a special case and not in a good way.

Guest icemanblue

The sheer notion of attempting to justify releasing, on a free, one of your best players for a few controversial comments on Twitter. Seriously, man, fucking hell. This makes sense to some of you?!

Pressure on the new boys to perform. Barton, Nolan and Carroll scored 27 of 56 PL goals for us last season (48%).

Yeah, but there were games when we scored 5 or 6 when we only needed 1 or 2.

:troll:

Pressure on the new boys to perform. Barton, Nolan and Carroll scored 27 of 56 PL goals for us last season (48%).

Barton to me is a bigger loss than either of the others. The truly frightening stat that without Barton we won 0 games last season speaks volumes.

The sheer notion of attempting to justify releasing, on a free, one of your best players for a few controversial comments on Twitter. Seriously, man, fucking hell. This makes sense to some of you?!

Fantastic decision.

Yeah, but there were games when we scored 5 or 6 when we only needed 1 or 2.

:troll:

Yes so now we wont score any.

And Wayne Rooney criticised the Man Utd owners for a lack of ambition and they pulled out all of the stops to keep him when they could have just sold him for £50m+.  We just let one of our best players go for nowt in vaguely similar circumstances.  Other clubs don't do this - we're a special case and not in a good way.

Good comparison. :thup:

But our wage bill :smitten:

Boreholes. Always with the boreholes.

The sheer notion of attempting to justify releasing, on a free, one of your best players for a few controversial comments on Twitter. Seriously, man, f***ing hell. This makes sense to some of you?!

:lol: At least we still have our principles!

And now it seems to have swung onto the other extreme, where there is more talk of people talking about being accused of being an 'Ashley apologist' than there is actually people calling people an 'Ashley apologist' :lol:

That's an Ashley apologist in my book

Do you really think that was all it was down to? maybe his reaction to the bollocking he would have got for it. A bollocking he knew would be coming after Jose's outburst.

Eurgh tin hat time. There really is no happy medium in this place. Selling Nolan was a poor decision, in my view he would have been given limited playing time which going by his interviews he accepted would be the case. We'll miss his presence as club captain. Selling Carroll, with hindsight, looks be a poor move, hugely inflated fee? Aye, but it's become glaringly evident the money won't be used to strengthen the first team in the slightest. For me Barton has every right, like us fans, to be miffed at those decisions. However, it does not give him the right to start slating his boss in the public domain on numerous occasions. All he's doing is causing further disruptionand frankly I'd expect the sack if I'd done the same.

Both parties have to take blame on this occasion. The way Ashley chooses to run the club being one, Barton being an unprofessional knob on the other. I'm not a f***ing 'Ashley apologist', I don't agree with his transfer policy and I'm certainly not absolving him of blame, but on this occasion you can't help but feel Barton has brought this on himself.

I agree Barton's subsequent actions are not exactly good for his image that he tries to present of being 'with the fans'.

However, if the club was run properly this would have never happened.

Barton has said a fair few times he wanted to sign a new contract (same with Nolan). What changed is he was told he wasn't getting the contract he wanted so he sticks the knife in.

:sadnod:

Eurgh tin hat time. There really is no happy medium in this place. Selling Nolan was a poor decision, in my view he would have been given limited playing time which going by his interviews he accepted would be the case. We'll miss his presence as club captain. Selling Carroll, with hindsight, looks be a poor move, hugely inflated fee? Aye, but it's become glaringly evident the money won't be used to strengthen the first team in the slightest. For me Barton has every right, like us fans, to be miffed at those decisions. However, it does not give him the right to start slating his boss in the public domain on numerous occasions. All he's doing is causing further disruptionand frankly I'd expect the sack if I'd done the same.

Both parties have to take blame on this occasion. The way Ashley chooses to run the club being one, Barton being an unprofessional knob on the other. I'm not a f***ing 'Ashley apologist', I don't agree with his transfer policy and I'm certainly not absolving him of blame, but on this occasion you can't help but feel Barton has brought this on himself.

Good Post. :thup:

No doubt you'll be called an Ashley apologist by Dave etc though still.

Of course Barton brought it on himself.  And Enrique's trying to bring it on himself too....and Danny Simpson it's starting to seem.  Harper's said nowt though...best keeper at the club, but he's been pushed into the reserves on Tuesday.  No future as a strong presence in the changing room it seems.  Smith's in the reserves too.  Nolan said nowt publicly.  Carroll said nowt publicly.

You don't see players at.....say...Stoke City queueing up to get out do you?

It's an exodus of our very best players.  If enrique goes it's 4 of them in 6 months.  Tiote and Coloccini are the only remnants of actual premier league quality left to us.

I don't give a shit aout any individual player that doesn't want to be at the club.  But to point the finger at ALL these players rather than the man showing them the door is ridicuous.

The sheer notion of attempting to justify releasing, on a free, one of your best players for a few controversial comments on Twitter. Seriously, man, f***ing hell. This makes sense to some of you?!

Whilst I do understand the point and being an isolated incident then it wouldn't make any sense  to release him BUT its not as if its the only controversy he's been involved while at the club is it?

That being said we should have made it one of our top prorities to find common ground with him and his agent and try to have compromised on a contract that would have pleased both sides. Thing is Barton comes across untrustworthy just like Ashley and Lambiarse!!!!!!!!

Whilst I do understand the point and being an isolated incident then it wouldn't make any sense  to release him BUT its not as if its the only controversy he's been involved while at the club is it?

That being said we should have made it one of our top prorities to find common ground with him and his agent and try to have compromised on a contract that would have pleased both sides. Thing is Barton comes across untrustworthy just like Ashley and Lambiarse!!!!!!!!

[/quote

well i am good at my job and nearly got sacked for a few comments on facebook that werent even about work. It is possible.

By the way, Smith has done fuck all wrong apart from being shit, why aren't we up in arms at the treatment of Smith? Because he's shit its acceptable, same if this happened to Shola we would all just shrug our shoulders, but we are up in arms over Nolan and moreso Barton because they are tidy players.

Of course Barton brought it on himself.  And Enrique's trying to bring it on himself too....and Danny Simpson it's starting to seem.  Harper's said nowt though...best keeper at the club, but he's been pushed into the reserves on Tuesday.  No future as a strong presence in the changing room it seems.  Smith's in the reserves too.  Nolan said nowt publicly.  Carroll said nowt publicly.

It's an exodus of our very best players.  If enrique goes it's 4 of them in 6 months.  Tiote and Coloccini are the only remnants of actual premier league quality left to us.

I don't give a s*** aout any individual player that doesn't want to be at the club.  But to point the finger at ALL these players rather than the man showing them the door is ridicuous.

It's all resulted from the sale of Carroll and the lack of ambition we've shown during this subsequent summer. Jose and Barton were clearly unsettled from that point. Still doesn't excuse Barton's actions for me.

By the way, Smith has done f*** all wrong apart from being s***, why aren't we up in arms at the treatment of Smith? Because he's s*** its acceptable, same if this happened to Shola we would all just shrug our shoulders, but we are up in arms over Nolan and moreso Barton because they are tidy players.

I have no resentment to Alan Smith, the situation with him is not his fault. See Albert Luque, Xisco et al. The Nolan situation is an interesting one, and I agree with how it was handled. Barton's is a completely different situation imo, a player who could offer what he does now for years and years to come and arguably our best player.

I don't give a s*** aout any individual player that doesn't want to be at the club.  But to point the finger at ALL these players rather than the man showing them the door is ridicuous.

It's all resulted from the sale of Carroll and the lack of ambition we've shown during this subsequent summer. Jose and Barton were clearly unsettled from that point. Still doesn't excuse Barton's actions for me.

Concise and to the point.