Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

I do wonder how much the other players like/dislike him, or what the general feeling about him is in the squad.

I think it will be a disappointed and relieved sigh all in one.

I must say Barton has done a brilliant job getting the fans on his side via twitter, PR genius by Wullie McKay

Barton is as much to blame on him not getting a new contract as Ashley IMO

How is he to blame?

Another club rates him higher than we do and is willing to offer him what we wont.

Everyone would make the same decision

He's been going around 'off the record' talk-ins with the fans saying that he'd be prepared to take a hefty pay cut if it meant staying at the club.

Willie McKay came out and said that after his performance last season, he wasn't willing to take a pay cut.

Shame, but I just don't get why if he loves this club so much he wouldn't stay for the year. Money talks I guess.

:thup:

Risk staying a year and being left in the wilderness come May, or accept a lengthy contract offer elsewhere. Hardly fucking rocket science.

Shame, but I just don't get why if he loves this club so much he wouldn't stay for the year. Money talks I guess.

:thup:

Risk staying a year and being left in the wilderness come May, or accept a lengthy contract offer elsewhere. Hardly fucking rocket science.

Yup

Why the fuck would he stay? He may like NUFC and the fans, but every day he has to deal with the shite that is the internal running of NUFC. I'd be out.

Guest Vinkent

I must say Barton has done a brilliant job getting the fans on his side via twitter, PR genius by Wullie McKay

To be fair, I can't think of anyone who'd side with Mick B******shley and his chuckling MD Muttley on anything. Easiest job in the world for McKay.

Guest bimpy474

How is he to blame?

Another club rates him higher than we do and is willing to offer him what we wont.

Everyone would make the same decision

I dont think its about who rates him, our owner and Joey threw their toys out and refused to make up, i think Joey would have but the owner still wouldn't.

Its pathetic and not in the least entertaining,

We all knew this was coming, don't see the reason for another half hearted meltdown.

If you tell me i'm gonna get kicked in the balls in a couple of weeks i'll still be f***ing angry about it when it happens.

Then you'd be daft, especially if you had been running your mouth about me before hand. Only difference is I gave you a fair warning you'd be getting what you deserved. So no surprises.

He said something he shouldn't have said in public, everyone on the forum had the debate, it settled down. Club didn't retract their 'he's on a free transfer' status, and now he's left on a free transfer. He had a good season for us, but before that I don't think there were many that wanted him here.

Chances are Obertan is his replacement, or maybe there's one coming in, who knows.

I'll give you me be being daft, but will still argue that just because we know it's coming doesn't mean we don't have the right to be angry about it.

This transfer window needs to close quickly or we'll lose Colo as Valencia now definitely have the money to buy him having sold Mata to the Russians. I think we overrate Tiote and there is not that much interest at the moment in buying him. Another good season, where he doesn't get booked every other game, he'll be gone as well.

I'll always support the players wearing the shirt, but the club I just hate it and will continue to do so until Ashley sells up.

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

:sadnod:

This is the sad truth :(

Gutted that he's going but I guess this situation was inevitable as soon as he was transfer listed. Well done to those c***s, Ashley and Llambias for forcing another one of our key players out :angry: :rant:

McKay = PR genius?

:nope:

Joey is doing the club a massive favour by removing the burden of his massive wages from us tbh.

It will allow us to make better signings in January, or maybe next summer or next January.

Guest bimpy474

This transfer window needs to close quickly or we'll lose Colo as Valencia now definitely have the money to buy him having sold Mata to the Russians. I think we overrate Tiote and there is not that much interest at the moment in buying him. Another good season, where he doesn't get booked every other game, he'll be gone as well.

I'll always support the players wearing the shirt, but the club I just hate it and will continue to do so until Ashley sells up.

Woah there sausage, hate Ashley not the club, the club was here before and will be here long after Fatty implodes.

I love this club more than the wife and kids, more than breathing and more than chocolate hob nobs.

Guest Roger Kint

Joey Barton is moving because QPR is offering him a contract and NUFC isn't. Simple as.

But if people want to bury their heads in the sand and blame it on the money AGAIN then go ahead.

:sadnod:

This is the sad truth :(

Gutted that he's going but I guess this situation was inevitable as soon as he was transfer listed. Well done to those c***s, Ashley and Llambias for forcing another one of our key players out :angry: :rant:

Ignoring his own words(and McKays) that he had all but agreed a deal hinging on him wanting an extra year, then deciding to call off talks til the summer(and twittergate) aye it was all their doing.........

Guest bimpy474

Joey is doing the club a massive favour by removing the burden of his massive wages from us tbh.

It will allow us to make better signings in January, or maybe next summer or next January.

I no like this Dave person :(

:D

Guest palnese

Woah there sausage, hate Ashley not the club, the club was here before and will be here long after Fatty implodes.

I love this club more than the wife and kids, more than breathing and more than chocolate hob nobs.

Wife I can understand, but kids?!