Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fuck. Worst decision of the transfer window, probably of the whole year 2011 so far. Ashley fucked it up once again.

As for Joey, great player and personality. Great to have around at any football club. Will be badly missed.

Very best of luck at QPR. He'll be my big goalscorer bet for Sept. 12th.

Will definitely miss his spirit and enthusiasm even if it often manifests itself in rash, stupid decisions.  He did seem to get the club more than most.

I don't think he's at all irreplaceable.

Well, except that we don't seem to be capable of buying anyone.  In that sense, every player is irreplaceable. 

But if we were the sort of club who bought players sensibly, I wouldn't be all that concerned about the loss.  We aren't, so I am.

Glad it's QPR if nothing else. s*** club who have to be reckoned as relegation contenders. Not to mention Taarabt and Warnock. Hopefully it won't be long before there's some drama for us to enjoy.

drama to enjoy?? as if we are not the most dramatic club in EPL  :idiot2:

what  QPR did wrong?

Being s***, people would have preferred him to sign for Lpool.

novo was saying something like he quite like QPR and shame on them on this transfer??

I'd rather he went to a club I can't stand like West Ham. Makes it easier to take.

I know people are lining up to take sides but, similar to the Carroll debacle, both Barton and Fat Ash & Co are equally culpable of turning a promising situation (for the player and the club) into what is another self inflicted injury to the team.

Glad it's QPR if nothing else. s*** club who have to be reckoned as relegation contenders. Not to mention Taarabt and Warnock. Hopefully it won't be long before there's some drama for us to enjoy.

To enjoy. As in not in our club for once.

None of those drama's came from Mr Barton did they? :lol:

To enjoy. As in not in our club for once.

i would thought you had enough of those  supporting this club  :lol: :lol:

So much for him pledging to stay and see out this year of contract then :thup:

If was fairly obvious that he only said that because he wasn't getting any offers..

For whatever reason he said it, this was the test of how much of it he meant. The lack of assurances of a contract past next Summer were as true now as when he said it, so will be interesting to see if that's what he peddles.

£75k a week for 4 years.  :undecided:

And therein lies the main reason he left  O0

As much as Ashley is to blame in all of this (and he is, don't get me wrong), I really didn't understand why he had to leave now and to QPR. He could quite easily have stayed a year, put in a good shift, possibly earned a contract here, or if not been picked up at the end of the season.

But then you read 75K a week, and it makes sense.

It's a £15.6m contract.

Wonder what we offered him?

tbh a part of me is bloody glad the entire Joey Barton circus has gone

True. He's QPR's problem now.

He'll no doubt be involved in some sort of controversy this season and we will just sit back and relax while watching it on MOTD.

I long for the day that we can compete with the might of West Ham and Queens Park Rangers on wages. Until then I guess we just have to accept that big clubs like that can poach our best players.

It dus seem that every time we seem to be back on track that bad news is destined to follow...i am afraid this is probably never going to change as long as we have the current regime in place, i realy dont know how Pardew can put up with all this s*** :facepalm: